Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 PM

Default KK vs. AA 20/40

How many bets would you lose in this situation? I'm in cut-off with KK one limper to me. I raise button, (not loose/not tight *may 3-bet AQ suited or any mid PP to run me over) 3-bets and I call.

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I three bet, he caps

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet, he raises, I three bet, he calls.

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I bet, he raises I call.

Any way to lose less? Or did I play it OK and extract the most if he has QQ-JJ-1010
Old 05-23-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: KK vs. AA 20/40

Looks like you put in the right number of bets to me, although I'm capping preflop.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:44 PM

If he may 3-bet preflop with any mid pocket pair, why are you so certain that he doesn't have 66 (or maybe 33 or 22)?

I like the flop, I like the turn, and there's really nothing you can do on the river. If you check the river and he has TT, JJ, or QQ, he'll likely check behind.

If you bet the river and he as AA (or maybe 66, 33, or 22), he'll likely raise you.

So betting the river saves you a bet when you're behind and wins you a bet when you're ahead.

Checking the river may even induce a bet from QQ-TT.

I like check/call the river.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he may 3-bet preflop with any mid pocket pair, why are you so certain that he doesn't have 66 (or maybe 33 or 22)?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I am fairly certain he has a mid-high PP. By mid PP I meant 99-JJ. That's why I kept the raising when usually I would slow down on the turn. If a 10,J,Q,A hits the river I check/call anything else I thought I should bet because of the read I had.