Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Calling 4X BB with AXo

I have been playing $10 s&g for a little while with good success. Lately, I have found myself getting more and more pre-flop callers with AXo (typically A 6-9, the kind that do not make straights and worse, and after trying to limp). This is after I have raised at least 4x the BB with JJ-KK. At what buy-in level does this poor play drop off? What does everyone think of calling with such junk? Also this is on UB and PP.

Thanks,
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Calling 4X BB with AXo

i play 20's and 30's and see a lot of the same crap. you should be happy to see people like that around. helps you win in the long run! keep reading these forms. i see questions like should i push j80 against an all in raise from the chip leader? just retarded stuff like that. good luck
Old 05-23-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Calling 4X BB with AXo

I hear you. When I bet my big pair .. get a caller and an A flops and they call my next bet I can give up KK, but when I trap someone and get them all in pre flop with KK and they call with A10o thats when it hurts. In a cash game I have no problem with it, I'll take more money out and got mine back, but in a tourney. Done.....

Cheers,