Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Fire

Different 40-80 at Wynn. Game is all juiced up because of me and two fish. They like to raise light and I feel I've got a decent bead on their raises so I'm 3-betting with stuff like A8s, KJs, etc. We cap many pots.

Anyways, UTG is one of these two, he's pretty aggressive and spazzy, he likes to jam pots postflop with draws, even headsup, even on the turn. He limps UTG. I raise in the Hijack with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], solid SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop:

J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, SB checkraises, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, I 4-bet, SB hesitates and calls, UTG calls. 3 to the turn for 10BBs.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, SB calls, UTG checkraises, I call.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Fire

If sb can fold a bigger J I like a raise here.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Different 40-80 at Wynn. Game is all juiced up because of me and two fish. They like to raise light and I feel I've got a decent bead on their raises so I'm 3-betting with stuff like A8s, KJs, etc. We cap many pots.

Anyways, UTG is one of these two, he's pretty aggressive and spazzy, he likes to jam pots postflop with draws, even headsup, even on the turn. He limps UTG. I raise in the Hijack with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], solid SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop:

J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, SB checkraises, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, I 4-bet, SB hesitates and calls, UTG calls. 3 to the turn for 10BBs.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, SB calls, UTG checkraises, I call (?).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if we might be ahead here enough to call the right play is to 3 bet.
-James
Old 05-23-2005, 01:51 AM

I would prefer a 3bet in this spot, to try and get SB the hell out of our pot.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:23 AM

?
Old 05-23-2005, 03:25 AM

try to get the sb out by 3 betting
Old 05-23-2005, 05:49 AM

I like a three-bet more than a call if you think you're ahead of the nutcase. What are you planning to do on the river after just calling the turn check-raise?

SpaceAce
Old 05-23-2005, 08:31 AM

given the way you got there...i think you need to get sb's jack outta there. its likely better than yours.

you said utg can get nuts "even on the turn" so he's not giving up if he has a draw and if he likes to raise light he likely limps lighter and you're jack can be good against him. i may even value bet the river if it blanks off. either way this one has to get shown down as it likely will.

sb will be paying you off from here till tomorrow...unfortnately that means sb will be paying you off from here till tomorrow. but raise this turn.

personally though preflop i like it...but literally ONLY againt the type of player you describe...other types of loosies warrant a call or fold but this guy you can earn a lot from.

-Barron
Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 AM

If the small blind realizes what is going on with the game playing a little crazy, 3 betting the turn is pointless isn't going to make him fold. Also, we might be losing pretty badly here I think 3 betting is a little over the top.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:35 AM

Given the action 3 far, 3 betting the turn might be ok, but i don't think it's anywhere near as good as folding the flop when it's two back to you. You're behind lot here, and if someone has a better jack or set, you have 3 outs at BEST. Since UTG will continue to pump even if he is drawing, and SB probably isnt folding a better hand given your table image, folding seems prudent in this spot to me.