Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 AM

Default KK in a multiway pot

I knew I was beat with so many caller, but I couldn't help showing it down. Anybody fold it before the end?

Button was tight but very aggressive after the flop (10,0,7), UTG is very loose and quite passive (63,4,0.53)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

River: (17.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
Old 05-23-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: KK in a multiway pot

Just because they're calling doesn't mean they have you beat.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:34 AM

Bet out. You have the third best possible hand (losing to AA and 9x). Everyone here seems to love calling two cold, so maybe a checkraise is in order (since it looks like the button will bet out). Same reasoning applies to the river, bet out. Check/calling on the turn and beyond is weaksauce, given this board.

There's an old quote from Clarkmeister: "People love to call. I love to give them the chance to do so." As big as this pot was, it could have been a monstar if you would bet your stong hands.

-K
Old 05-23-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet out. You have the third best possible hand (losing to AA and 9x).

[/ QUOTE ]

After the flop cap, I was really afraid of 66 or 77 or 99, but I was hoping for a flush draw. Then on the turn I was certain I was beat. Was it really that weak to check call after a cap flop. Is worrying about a set really seeing monsters under the bed?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:51 AM

I would be worrisome about a set or trips here too. But you're getting some good effective odds to call down on this turn.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:53 AM

Nice hand dude. Don't sweat it if you lost. The pot is just too damn big on 4th street to consider folding.

Brad
Old 05-23-2005, 02:58 AM

The third best hand?
What about 77, 66, T8, 97?
I lost lots of money in this position fighting against sets (however, strong players often prefer slowplay with sets in this case).
Is it really capping on the flop matters nothing?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:58 AM

thanks for the feedback.

he showed 8Ts for the straight on the flop.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:05 AM

the good: im sure we all play this the same. i probably throw in a raise on the turn but thats because i have a problem not giving any of these donkeys credit for a hand, ever.

the bad: [ QUOTE ]
I knew I was beat

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be worrisome about a set or trips here too. But you're getting some good effective odds to call down on this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Implied odds you need here to beat trips 1:23, I won’t get such odds even in the best case.
So, what effective odds are you speaking about?