Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 05:44 PM

Default weakest KK play ever??? Commerce 10-20 NL

Game is pretty good....i've been raising a lot preflop with position but postflop been pretty tight. UTG is a 50 year old korean guy who basically can pass for my father. I'm on button with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My stack size is about 1600 and korean guy has me covered. I have a feeling that he thinks he can push me around since I look like i'm 18 years old.

Preflop:
Villain limps, 2 more limpers, I make it 100 to go. Blinds fold, Villain limp min-raises me and makes it 200 to go. Limpers fold and I call.

Flop (Pot is $470):
9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets 200, I call (raise here and fold to reraise?)

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot $870)

Villain bets 200 again?!?!?!, Hero calls!??! (worse line ever?)

River-2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot $1270)
Villain bets 200 once more!!!!!, HERO JUST CALLS!!!!!

Flame away......
Old 05-22-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: weakest KK play ever??? Commerce 10-20 NL

I dont think so. What is he supposed to call your raise with that you beat on the turn/river? There are no draws
Old 05-22-2005, 05:58 PM

I think your line is fine. As the previous poster stated, not many hands will call your raise that you can beat.

If you want to get a little more money involved, I'd say raise the river to like 600 straight. A good read on opponent is important though.

BTW, I recently started playing this game a lot. What about you?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:15 PM

Raise pf, raise flop, raise turn, raise river. you havent defined his hand at all.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on button with K K . My stack size is about 1600 and korean guy has me covered. I have a feeling that he thinks he can push me around since I look like i'm 18 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like he did.

Seriously, what did you think he had? Only hand you're losing to btf is AA. And on the flop, the only reasonable hands are 99, 77, and 33.

If you were able to "save yourself" by not raising his potential weak/trap bets, then congrats. You're a better poker player than I. But after villian bets weak (again) on the turn, I'm raising to: (1) extract money from KK/QQ, (2) charge AK/AQ for drawing, & (3) see if he's slowplaying a better hand.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:43 PM

this is my second time playing this game...its pretty damn good i must say. Who are you btw? Were you there on 5/21 late at night?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:44 PM

If you think he's capable of making a big play to push you off the hand, then you played the hand well. You never gave him a chance to win the pot with the worst hand.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:15 PM

I like the play, and I've been calling all three streets with an overpair against aggressive players a lot recently, with good results. If you raise, you push him off overcards and maybe fold out TT or JJ, and a reraise would be awful for you. Let him keep throwing chips at you.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:18 PM

looks like QQ or maaaaybe JJ to me, depending on how loose game is preflop. i love the line actually, you don't create a huge hand with one pair and you give him an opportunity to get married to his overpair while ensuring a showdown... i would raise on the river to extract some value, it might look like a bluff... and then fold to a reraise, obviously.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:09 PM

if i raise river to lets say 600 then i've already invested 1200 of my stack ... i am committed i do not like a river raise here.