Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 03:04 PM

Default 30-60 Hand: Too Aggro on The Turn, Too Passive on The River?

30-60 on Party. I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP. One limper, fold to me and I raise. Folded to the SB who calls, BB calls and limper calls. Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Check to the limper who bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls 60 cold, the limper reraises, I call and the BB calls. The turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB checks, limper bets, I raise planning to fold to a 3-bet. The BB calls 120 cold (9-7, turned a King?). The limper calls. The river comes the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB checks, limper checks, I check. Comments?

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: 30-60 Hand: Too Aggro on The Turn, Too Passive on The River?

Anybody?

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 12:25 AM

Jeffage,

You played the hand too expertly to get any responses. The river looks real close but I think checking is fine.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:35 AM

looks standard to me... there may be some value in a river bet, but i dunno... id be happy to check it down and take the showdown
Old 05-23-2005, 12:38 AM

I would put the BB on some kind of draw, and the limper maybe a 9? He also could have been on a straight draw and was just playing it very aggressively. I'm not sure about raising the turn- if you would fold to a 3bet, you are losing 2 Big Bets. If you just call, and call again on the river, its costs the same amount, but you get to see your opponents hand (and maybe win). Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:39 AM

this is a perfectly played hand
Old 05-23-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about raising the turn- if you would fold to a 3bet, you are losing 2 Big Bets. If you just call, and call again on the river, its costs the same amount, but you get to see your opponents hand (and maybe win).

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the extra 2 BB's the BB put in on the turn?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:22 AM

Default RESULTS

For those interested, I lost this hand. BB rivered a straight with 97o. But I actually was in second place going into the river...the limper had 86o for two pair on the flop. More comments appreciated.

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

Jeffage,
These are questions not critiues so please read them as such.
1)If the big blind had not been in the pot, is there still value in putting your two bets in on the turn aggressively rather than just calling the turn and river? Do you still plan to fold to a three bet?

2)If the river had been bet, would you have treated this as you planned to treat the three bet and fold(obviously assuming there has not already been a call)?

3) If you had not raised the turn, then I assume calling was the next best choice. Is there a turn card that would have caused you to fold to the limpers turn bet?

I hope you get a chance to reply, I really want to understand the thought process behind such a play. Thanks.

Card
Old 05-23-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

I can't help but notice Jeffage posted in another thread not too long ago. My problem is this: I know I am new but how should I go about asking these questions? Hands like this do not come up in the small stakes forum and I want fully understand them. Should I PM the original poster with my questions? I try to be careful not to dumb down the quality of this foum because I know you guys are very wary of that. Are questions just plain not welcome? Any response is welcome. Thanks.

Card