Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 05:19 AM

Default AJ against maniac

Villain is very loose aggressive . He use lot minraising Pre flop and hes raising 5bb hands like 86o. 6-handed 50nl.

Stack sizes
Hero 58.50 SB
Villain 90.25 MP

Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop
UTG call, villain min raises, CO call, Button fold. Hero and BB call.

Pot 5
Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero and BB check. UTG bets 1, villain raises 5. Hero and UTG call.

Pot 20
Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked to villain who bets 15. Hero call and UTG fold.

Pot 50
River 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero check, villain puts me all in 37.50 and I call.

Final Pot 122.50

How you play this? Comments all steet.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: AJ against maniac

I think the PF call is ok - I might have raised again... I personally would have thought twice about that Flop raise and re-raised... but the call is ok... I'd put UTG on a draw of some sort, villain with either two pair, set, or AJ...

When king lands, I'd fold. Think about it, is he going to raise you with 67, 34, or two spades PF? Unlikely...

When that King drops, I put him either on a set or two-pair... He wants you, who he thinks is flush-drawing to fold out.

Now, another way to play this would be to call, call, and then bet half the pot or so on the river... he may fold at this point if he has nothing, but if he has nothing, then you've won already... which is why I would have considered folding earlier.

My two cents...
Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 PM

One thing different here for me would be the check on the flop. I think this gives the draws a chance at a free card when you have TPTK, I would fire out a bet here. With you checking I don't think you are finding out the information you need to know about villian's hand, I would strongly consider raising his flop bet to get the information. With him calling a check/raise to me he is saying he can beat TPTK. From then out I am check/folding.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:36 PM

I'd lead out and bet 4$ on the flop, and then proceed very carefully if I got called. I put UTG on a spade draw and Villain either a set of fours or fives or two pair, given the way that he played. However, you said he's a LAG, so he could just know that Villain is on a draw and be attacking weakness. If you had bet this flop, things would be much clearer.

I hate calling off your whole stack with mid pair/ace kicker.

PS: Does anyone like the idea of reraising before the flop, given that Villain is a LAG and could have absolute trash here?