Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 12:19 AM

Default **Official Heat vs. Pistons Eastern Conference Championship Thread.**

The Miami Heat are the new Los Angeles Lakers. Even with a healthy Shaq the Pistons win the series. Because Shaq is hurt, Pistons win in 5.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Official Heat vs. Pistons Eastern Conference Championship Thread.

yes sir you are correct
Old 05-22-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: **Official Heat vs. Pistons Eastern Conference Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The Miami Heat are the new Los Angeles Lakers. Even with a healthy Shaq the Pistons win the series. Because Shaq is hurt, Pistons win in 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but a few things are different. #1 this Heat team unlike the Kobies (Lakers) knows it needs to get the ball to the big man and work off of him. You won't have Kobe taking 10-15 horrible and forced shots everygame, preventing the the other players from getting in a groove.

#2 This heat team is much more athletic than the lakers and will not be as easily out hustled.

#3 With Alonzo Mourning the Heat have a legitimate threat when Shaq in not in the game.

Still I think the Pistons are the favorite going in and willw win just not in a walk like you seem to think.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:32 AM

Last years Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and Derrek Fischer was an awesome line up. I think that that team matches up in talent pretty closely to the Heat with Shaq, Wade, Mourning, Damon Jones and Eddie Jones.

The Heat are very athletic but lets not forget that the Lakers were also very good last year. In the playoffs the Lakers destroyed the west at will. Almost everyone picked the Lakers to beat the Pistons last year in the finals; many predicted a sweep. The Pistons matched up very well against the Lakers last year, as I feel they do against the Heat this year. The most important match up will be Tayshaun Prince vs. Dwane Wade. Tayshaun smothered Kobe in the finals last year and I think he can do a great job against Wade this year. If Prince can stop Wade even half as well as he stoped Kobe the Heat are doomed.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:34 AM

.04 seconds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last years Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and Derrek Fischer was an awesome line up.

---------------
The Heat are very athletic but lets not forget that the Lakers were also very good last year. In the playoffs the Lakers destroyed the west at will.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you even watch the playoffs last year?
Old 05-22-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last years Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and Derrek Fischer was an awesome line up.

---------------
The Heat are very athletic but lets not forget that the Lakers were also very good last year. In the playoffs the Lakers destroyed the west at will.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you even watch the playoffs last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did watch the playoffs. The Lakers turned it on at will and destroyed the west. Until they played the Pistons they looked unstopable. The only games where they were weak was the first two games of the Spurs series. After those games the Lakers turned it on and won the next 4 against the Spurs.

If the playoffs ended after the Conference Championship round the Lakers would have been considered by far the best team last year.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:52 AM

The miami heat are much better than the lakers that the pistons faced last year.

edit: assuming shaq is healthy
Old 05-22-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: **Official Heat vs. Pistons Eastern Conference Championship Thread.**

I don't think many people realize just how bad that Lakers team that faced the Pistons last year in the finals was.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think many people realize just how bad that Lakers team that faced the Pistons last year in the finals was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they sucked. They just got lucky for three seven-game series.

Pistons in 6, but I think Pistons in 5 is almost as likely. Miami's supporting cast is going to be completely shut down, and Wade and an injured Shaq can't beat the champs by themselves. If Shaq were 100%, I think Pistons in 6 or 7 would be the pick.