Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2002, 11:06 AM

Default 9-10 suited in the SB

20-40 table pretty loose game. I get 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] -10 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. 6 limpers to me, I complete, BB raises, all call. The BB is enamoured with raising small pairs, suited cards, etc in multiway pots. I've seen him make this play several times.
The flop: 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] I check, BB bets, 4 callers, I raise, all call.
The turn is: 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] I bet, BB raises, 1 caller (solid player), the action's back to you, call or 3 bet?
Old 12-08-2002, 02:19 PM

Default Re: 9-10 suited in the SB

NY,

It appears that the BB is not afraid of you having trip 9s and the solid player is on a flush draw (probably with the As or Ks). I would just call the turn raise.

Now how do you play the river? If the flush draw gets there (and it's not the 7s) I would check-fold if the solid player either bets or calls/raises a bet from the BB. If the river is a blank I would check-call a probable bet from the BB. And if you fill-up (or better) then obviously bet the river.

-- Manzanita
Old 12-08-2002, 02:24 PM

NY,

I forgot to mention that you should have beat the BB to the punch and raised pre-flop. Your T9s is certainly strong enough to justify it.

-- Manzanita
Old 12-08-2002, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Manzanita what the*^!@#$

first of all to the post--three bet the turn and make the solid player pay for his flush draw...Manzanita don't whant to be rude but you obviously don't know jack about poker!!!

RINCON
Old 12-08-2002, 05:01 PM

I would bet out on the flop, hoping to get raised so I could 3-bet. On the turn... your hand looks fantastic, but I don't think it's quite as good as it looks. BB probably either has a 9, a set, or a made straight. It's possible he also has an overpair. The solid player calling to me means either a 9 or a flush draw. IMHO, your flush draw doesn't look nearly as good here as it often would because another flush draw might be out there (probably a better one). A set has you drawing to 7 outs... 4 of them possibly to chop if MP has a 9 as well. I would just call on the turn.
Old 12-08-2002, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Manzanita what the*^!@#$Re Rencon

Gosh I guess I dont know jack about poker as well as I agree completely with Manzanita's post.No skill but a 30yr. lucky streak keeps me winnen.My guess is: Manzanita has been lucky too. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2002, 06:27 PM

I think you've got an easy 3-bet on the turn. Your flop check-raise looks like you have a flush draw.

Old 12-08-2002, 07:52 PM

3-bet this one. I think you still have some outs if you don't have the best hand.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:52 PM

Reraise the turn! I like your flop play.

PokerPrince
Old 12-08-2002, 07:58 PM

Yea, I'd definitely 3-bet. Even if you're behind, you got 2 super-outs (the 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] and the case 9), and a whole boatload of other outs to make your straight/flush/boat.