Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 04:15 AM

Default overaggressive with TT?

Party 30/60
Villain this hand is pretty tight, i've seen him fold a couple big pots. His numbers after about 500 hands are 13/6/1.5.

He raises from MP1, I 3-bet with TT(no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) BB and MP1 call.

3 to the flop with (9.5 SB): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP1 bets, i raise, MP1 calls

Turn (7 BB): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP checkraises me and I three bet, planning on folding to a cap, but he called

River (13BB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP stalls for a long time and checks, I bet....

I originally 3-bet the turn, thinking he might make a big laydown, something like a big pair with no heart. I planned on betting the river if it was a heart and checking down a non-heart, but i read the long stall as weakness, so i bet, even though about the only hand i beat is 99 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]......
Old 05-21-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: overaggressive with TT?

(You can't beat 99 either).
Old 05-21-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(You can't beat 99 either).

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops..... well that sucks.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 06:59 AM

Whats the result? I'm guessing you lost to a flush already. Even so, you TT could still not be good. Ton of cards can beat you on the river. The bet on the flop indicated that he probably has a draw already, maybe a flush. On the turn, I think you overplayed your TTs, specially since you don't have the Th either. Your opponent seems tight passive and would probably only raise with the nuts on the turn. I might call here or drop it demending on the read, if I get a 9 maybe I'll call it down for 1 more.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:16 PM

I think you lost this one, and the river bet is pretty bad. What's he calling with that you beat?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:33 PM

Does anyone fold TT to a tight player's raise preflop? I used to auto 3bet in that particular spot, but found it to be a leak (of top 6% of hands, TT is a big dog about 30% of the time and only a moderate favorite the rest of the time....pot equity is about 53%(top 6%) to 47%(TT)).

If you are going to play TT against a legitimate raise, you have to make sure you don't spew chips postflop.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Simlar to others I think you are clearly beat on the turn. This guy is tight and probably doesnt even raise 99 preflop. He is alos not so aggressive postflop that he is pushing less than a made hand on the turn. I would be pretty confident I was agaisnt a bigger pair or a made flush on the turn. I think both the three bet and the river bet is spewing chips.