Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 05-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Benal Benal is offline
Senior Member

Location: The GTA
Default Party\'s WSOP Steps - Warning!

This is outright THEFT by PartyPoker

To: info@partypoker.com
Subject: WSOP Step Tournaments

Hello,

I would like to know what will happen to my unused
WSOP Step entrie(s) once the WSOP has started.

Thank You,
XXXXXX

From: info@partypoker.com

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

A Free roll is a free entry (and not cash) given to the players to participate in the tournaments without paying the buy-in amount.

Any entries to the WSOP steps will not be refunded and will be elapsed once the WSOP tournaments have started. You need to use the freeroll as long as the promotion goes.

To learn more on the WSOP Steps, refer to the link given below:
http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/wsop-steps.html
Old 05-20-2005, 10:48 PM
smb394 smb394 is offline
Senior Member

Location: The search function DOES work.
Default Re: Party\'s WSOP Steps - Warning!

That does suck. But it being Party, is anyone that surprised? Time to use them up.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
bottomset bottomset is offline
Senior Member

makes perfect sense, what is the problem
Old 05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Benal Benal is offline
Senior Member

Location: The GTA

[ QUOTE ]
what is the problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Say I buyin directly to step 6 for $2000 one day before the WSOP because I havent qualified yet, and I really really want to. I finish 2nd or 3rd for another freeroll to step 6, but lo and behold, they stop running them because the WSOP is starting! They just stole $2000 from me.

I realize this is an extreme example, but the fact is the freerolls that will "expire" were payed for by their players
Old 05-20-2005, 11:17 PM
GrannyMae GrannyMae is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
That does suck. But it being Party, is anyone that surprised? Time to use them up.

[/ QUOTE ]

they should simply convert these to tourney $$ for whatever equity they represent.

if you are reading here, VERY bad PR party. especially in light of the recent clamp down on just about everything.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:24 PM
slickpoppa slickpoppa is offline
Senior Member

Location: the cream, the clear

people should bitch about this. this is BS
Old 05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
iluzion iluzion is offline
Senior Member

what is the problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Say I buyin directly to step 6 for $2000 one day before the WSOP because I havent qualified yet, and I really really want to. I finish 2nd or 3rd for another freeroll to step 6, but lo and behold, they stop running them because the WSOP is starting! They just stole $2000 from me.

I realize this is an extreme example, but the fact is the freerolls that will "expire" were payed for by their players

[/ QUOTE ]

So DON'T try it the day before. They lose money because people won't do stupid [censored] like that, end of story. It is really shitty, though, just don't do something so last minute and risky with a setup like this.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Stu Pidasso Stu Pidasso is offline
Senior Member

Yes we should send them emails saying the are stealing basdards.

Stu
Old 05-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Benal Benal is offline
Senior Member

Location: The GTA

what is the problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Say I buyin directly to step 6 for $2000 one day before the WSOP because I havent qualified yet, and I really really want to. I finish 2nd or 3rd for another freeroll to step 6, but lo and behold, they stop running them because the WSOP is starting! They just stole $2000 from me.

I realize this is an extreme example, but the fact is the freerolls that will "expire" were payed for by their players

[/ QUOTE ]

So DON'T try it the day before. They lose money because people won't do stupid [censored] like that, end of story. It is really shitty, though, just don't do something so last minute and risky with a setup like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't get it, do you?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
smb394 smb394 is offline
Senior Member

Location: The search function DOES work.

what is the problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Say I buyin directly to step 6 for $2000 one day before the WSOP because I havent qualified yet, and I really really want to. I finish 2nd or 3rd for another freeroll to step 6, but lo and behold, they stop running them because the WSOP is starting! They just stole $2000 from me.

I realize this is an extreme example, but the fact is the freerolls that will "expire" were payed for by their players

[/ QUOTE ]

So DON'T try it the day before. They lose money because people won't do stupid [censored] like that, end of story. It is really shitty, though, just don't do something so last minute and risky with a setup like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not saying he would. Just using this as an example. The bigger thing would be if Party still OFFERED these the days before with the intention of wiping out equity. That's pretty $hitty IMO.