Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Is David Sklansky ill?

Please don't misquote me.

I have no factual basis to assume that David Sklansky is ill.

But studies do show that people become a LOT more interested in religion as they near death. Check.

Also, with so many poker players becoming immensely popular (I saw Chau and Doyle at LAX yesterday...they were being gawked at for a long time...), and David certainly isn't getting the air time that Danny, Phil, Phil, Howard, Doyle, Johnny, etc are...is this bothering him? Is he afraid that his legacy won't be 'good enough' compared to these other 'names'?

He talks about how he COULD HAVE won a Nobel Prize...BAM, instant legacy. He made (I think) a comment about being God or the Pope. Instant fame.

Instead, he's still David Sklansky. Instead of dismissing Danny's challenges quickly and succinctly like Mason did, he meandered around them for a while.

I think he wants recognition. I think he wants fame. I think he's worried about what he'll be leaving behind.

These are mostly hypothesis. When my mom made me learn how to iron and do laundry, I was scared that she was deathly ill, and didn't want me to know about it. I thought she was getting ready to be 'gone'.

And, well, I feel like David is also worried about being 'gone'.

Josh
Old 05-21-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Is David Sklansky ill?

[ QUOTE ]
When my mom made me learn how to iron and do laundry, I was scared that she was deathly ill, and didn't want me to know about it. I thought she was getting ready to be 'gone'.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very weird.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:22 AM

great post.

i challenged that goofy, senile bastard to a 10K freeze out. i hope he accepts. i suggest we all steal his money, before mat inherites it.

[ QUOTE ]

But studies do show that people become a LOT more interested in religion as they near death. Check.

Also, with so many poker players becoming immensely popular (I saw Chau and Doyle at LAX yesterday...they were being gawked at for a long time...), and David certainly isn't getting the air time that Danny, Phil, Phil, Howard, Doyle, Johnny, etc are...is this bothering him? Is he afraid that his legacy won't be 'good enough' compared to these other 'names'?

He talks about how he COULD HAVE won a Nobel Prize...BAM, instant legacy. He made (I think) a comment about being God or the Pope. Instant fame.

Instead, he's still David Sklansky. Instead of dismissing Danny's challenges quickly and succinctly like Mason did, he meandered around them for a while.

I think he wants recognition. I think he wants fame. I think he's worried about what he'll be leaving behind.

These are mostly hypothesis. When my mom made me learn how to iron and do laundry, I was scared that she was deathly ill, and didn't want me to know about it. I thought she was getting ready to be 'gone'.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Bye
Old 05-21-2005, 01:37 AM

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 01:45 AM

My online psychoanalysis of David is yielding entirely different results. All the indicators point to a high probabilty, I'd say about 87.94%, that he was abducted by aliens sometime around 10 years ago. His subconsious is now trying to sort out what happened to him. There is a race of beings known well to the UFO community who are obsessed with games of chance and in all liklihood did some rather nasty probes on David after being check raised a few times on the space craft.

PairTheBoard
Old 05-21-2005, 04:24 AM

Sklansky's legacy will live forever!

[ QUOTE ]

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-21-2005, 08:49 AM

I disagree with the original post and the idea that is expressed. I don't know if it was intended to be humorous;if so, I missed it altogether. If not, I would say that the man still seems to have a sharpness about the eyes and in his look. That was the thing that struck me when I first saw him on the tele. To me, you can see what activity is going-on in a person by looking at the eyes. Some are dull and listful, some shifty and searching, some are shiny and lively. His appear to be focused. That ol' saying about eyes being a window into the soul---it does have a small amount of validity, despite the distortions. And he isn't "over the hill". With much humor, I imagine that he would insist that he is on the very top of it instead, and that it is a grand mountain indeed. With that said:

"The mind grows wiser with age when it is allowed to do so. There is even an acceleration of thought and inspiration, much like that experience in the adolescent years, that suddenly brings a new understanding to the aged individual, and provides an impetus that should help the person to achieve greater comprehension - a comprehension that should quell all fears of death." ---Seth

"As the mind within the body clearly sees its earthly time coming to an end, the mental and psychic accelerations take place. These are in many ways like adolescent experiences in their great bursts of creative activity, with the resulting formation of questions, and the preparation for a completely new kind of personality growth and fulfillment. This would be quite apparent were it not for your current belief systems, through which the old are forced to interpret their experience. Many instances of expansion of consciousness, and mental and psychic growth, are interpreted by you as senility. No important correlations have been made between the subjective experiences of the old, particularly in senile conditions, with those of other ages involved in expansion of consciousness, whether natural or drug induced. Any such sensations are immediately repressed by the old for fear that senility will be the diagnosis. The experiences, however, affect the right hemisphere of the brain, and in such a way that abilities are released in somewhat the same manner as an adolescent’s. The individual, when it is time then, begins to see beyond temporal life, to open up dimensions of awareness that in your terms he or she could not afford while involved in the intense physical focus of normal adult life." ---Seth

"Death is not an end, but a transformation of consciousness. Nature, with its changing seasons, constantly brings you that message." ---Seth
Old 05-21-2005, 10:49 AM

Who is Seth? Does he play $4000/8000?
Old 05-21-2005, 11:01 AM

...much laughter...