Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 01:38 AM

Default I give in: please review these hands for me

In this hand, Villain is roughly 55% VP$IP and 14% PFR, and has been showing down marginal hands all night.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villain calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls $7 (All-In), Villain calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villain has 8c Kh (two pair, kings and sixes).
Hero has 9c 9h (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: Villain wins 11.75 BB. </font>

In this next hand, the Villain from hand #1 appears again as 'Villain', and the 2nd opponent is fairly fresh and I have no read. Also, this table was loose enough that I was fairly certain enough people would see the flop for me to play 22 up front.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 :#A500AF(Douchebag)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 :#A500AF(Douchebag)/ calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Douchebag calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Douchebag calls, Villain calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Douchebag calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls, Douchebag calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Douchebag bets</font>, Villain calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2h 2c (three of a kind, twos).
Douchebag has Qs Kh (flush, ace high).
Villain has Ah Td (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Douchebag wins 18.75 BB. </font>

Am I too aggressive with either of these two hands based on what I know?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: I give in: please review these hands for me

Don't post results.

Hand #1: I say get out. I call (and not liking it) the flop raise and fold the turn UI.

Hand #2: Looks fine.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:06 AM

you gotta 3-bet the second hand on the turn i think
Old 05-20-2005, 02:15 AM

Hand 1 - Are you really only sitting with 6 BB's? If so, that's your first problem. Next, what do you know about the villain's postflop play? Does he checkraise with top pair or better only or does he do it with underpairs/draws? Either way, your river raise is terrible. Depending on the player, I will call down without improvement after the flop checkraise, and sometimes raise the turn.

Hand 2 - If villain is aggressive enough postflop, I would go for a turn checkraise. Otherwise, I would stop-n-go. 3-betting the flop doesn't really do a lot for you.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call (and not liking it) the flop raise and fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point of this?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:47 AM

Hand 1: No point in raising the turn, and since he has those stats, I just call him down after the flop check-raise.

Hand 2: I don't like pushing the flop so hard since no big spade will fold. I wait for a safe turn card and get more bets in on the bigger street.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call (and not liking it) the flop raise and fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people think if you fold to check/raises then villains will start taking shots at you.