Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 01:14 AM

Default I thought about betting on every single street.

Wynn 15/30, 9 handed.

One weak player limps in LP, I raise on the button wiht K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The SB 3bets, the limper folds, and we take the flop heads up.

I've been talking wiht the SB about Washington football and college football in general. He seems to think I'm a good player and gives me a fair amount of respect (he's previously said things like "oh great, you" or "hmm, had to be you there" in pots we've played).

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks, I check.

turn is 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he checks, I check.

river is 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he checks, I check.

But like I said, on every street betting crossed my mind.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: I thought about betting on every single street.

I'd be more inclined to bet the flop than the turn or river.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:02 AM

Why bet the flop? I think there's about a 0% chance he's folding after 3betting and checking.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:10 AM

He seems like the type that would fold something like 88 (or even QQ) here b/c of his perception of the hero.

I haven't played much B&M lately so maybe my perception of players in these games is way off.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:12 AM

I think to maintain your image, you don't want to show this down. I.e. if you had a tightish image and you could get away with bluff-raising or semi-bluffing, then you might want to keep that "solid" image if it's been profitable in the past. And since SB thinks you're a great tricky player, why don't you bet the turn (so he think you've slowplayed the ace on the flop?) If he check-raises, say "hmm I guess my pocket pair isn't any good" and fold.

How does this line sound? Stupid?
Old 05-21-2005, 07:12 AM

If there's a street to bet here I think it's not the river. On the river if I have the best hand he's not calling, if I don't he's not folding.

I don't see a reason to bet any street though. I think when he checks the flop to me he's saying "I have a pocket pair, I'm commited to going to showdown, but I want to get there as cheaply as possible. I think checking every street and calling every bet is the way to get thsi done."

I think he's the type to just play me straightforward and not get cute with an A in his hand. However, because he 3bet me out of position preflop his hand range is very very narrow. TT is out so I'll put it at JJ-KK.

The only card I can bet on any street is a K. While he might not call with QQ and JJ, he might, and I can quite safely throw my hand away to a checkraise. I feel like this post is somewhat disjointed but that's ok.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:49 AM

I think your line is fine. You raised to isolate a weak player then got 3bet by a better hand (I say this because player respects your play and doesn't seem like he'd 3bet with a weaker hand than K9s). You missed the flop, so the cheapest possible showdown seems fine to me. MAYBE bet flop in hopes to get him to fold or to get him to check turn (which he did anyway).