Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Gun Owners, who has fired at a person?

This is inspired by BigSteve's thread about owning guns.

Most people, when asked, say that they own a handgun for personal protection.

What I am wondering is if anyone has actually used their gun to protect themselves. If so, have you fired your gun or was crisis averted by just showing that you have a gun?

Any other gun related stories are welcome
Old 05-19-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Gun Owners, who has fired at a person?

I own a gun so when Houes of Pain calls me a bitch and steps up, I bust it out and retain our rep, yo.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:13 PM

I remember a thread awhile back about a guy who thought his house was being broken into. He got his gun and stood behind the door to get ready to shoot. Turns out it was a neighbors friend who went to the wrong house but the key fit both locks.

I think the thread was titled "I almost shot a guy tonight" if you want to search for it.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I own a gun so when Houes of Pain calls me a bitch and steps up, I bust it out and retain our rep, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you remember that a shotgun is required if you come to battle.

But if you do you're a fool.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:20 PM

I remember that thread, it was pretty crazy...

I'd search for it but I hate the search function... maybe if someone has it as a favorite they will post a link.

Back to the origional question though, has anyone fired their gun at anyone? It seems that there are a lot of gun owners out there and I am just wondering if anyone has ever used their killing machines...
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM

In 1999 I was at home with my mom and my father was out of town. I am a very heavy sleeper and my mom came in and woke me up and said she heard something/someone in the garage in the garage. I grabbed my gun and went out the back door and around the house to the side of the garage. Sure enough, there was a guy in the garage, and it wasn't my father. He was trying to steal my car, at the time I had a 91 Caddy Coupe deVille. I startled him and as he was turning he reached for something in pants, I saw the moonlight reflect off the metal of a small firearm and without any hesitation I double tapped him center mass. I went through a big hassle with the S.O. and the NAACP, etc. At the time I worked for the Sheriff's Office as a correction's officer. I was put on paid admin leave until everything was handled. The Subdivision I live in here in Mississippi at this time did not have a black family in it(We now have a black minister 3 doors down). I was on leave for 3 months waiting for everything to get taken care of. The family of the deceased tried to sue me and the S.O. and neither case had any merit.

I would not have changed anything that I did. I just posted the follow up as a point to say, There is a lot more involved than the proverbial Bang Bang go on about your day like you see in the movies.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 06:26 PM

Here's the thread you were talking about. Pretty crazy.
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...t=all&vc=1
Old 05-19-2005, 06:28 PM

I own guns because I like to shoot them. My pistols are .22, obviously not for home protection. The others are shotguns, deer rifles, and an SKS.

In Georgia, most of the people I knew that owned guns either liked to hunt or like to shoot skeet, trap etc. I dont think the Original Poster understands that its just fun to shoot [censored].

Its like fireworks, If you havent shot them it probably seems stupid, boring and dangerous. But when you actually shoot them you learn its just stupid and dangerous, not boring at all.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I own guns because I like to shoot them. My pistols are .22, obviously not for home protection. The others are shotguns, deer rifles, and an SKS.

In Georgia, most of the people I knew that owned guns either liked to hunt or like to shoot skeet, trap etc. I dont think the Original Poster understands that its just fun to shoot [censored].

Its like fireworks, If you havent shot them it probably seems stupid, boring and dangerous. But when you actually shoot them you learn its just stupid and dangerous, not boring at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have shot guns on a range before (at targets and tin cans) and it is a good time. I am against shooting animals but have no problems with others shooting animals (to each his own.) However, I know that many posters have guns for personal protection and the question was addressed to them.

BigSteve, that story is pretty crazy, glad that you were able to protect yourself. I am wondering if other posters have similar stories...
Old 05-19-2005, 07:37 PM

Any 2+2 killers other than BigSteve?