Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 04:36 PM

Default AJo BB - action from limping TAG

I don't have a great deal of hands on villain (button) but he was the the only player at the table that seemed decent, VP$IP 21% PFR 15%.

I had called down two hands earlier, one against him, that I could have folded on the river if I had had time to observe a bit more. So I might have looked like a LAG that pays off.

Crypto 2/4 6-max (6-handed)

I'm dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB. MP posts.

UTG limps, MP checks, CO folds, Button limps, SB completes, I check.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG calls, MP folds, Button raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, UTG folds, Button caps and I call.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, Button bets and I fold.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: AJo BB - action from limping TAG

Looks like AK-AJ most likely with 2 hearts. . Especially if you think he suspects you are loose, he's definitely betting this turn for value. I don't really have a big problem with your fold
Old 05-19-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like AK-AJ most likely with 2 hearts. . Especially if you think he suspects you are loose, he's definitely betting this turn for value. I don't really have a big problem with your fold

[/ QUOTE ]

21/15 is most likely to raise these big aces preflop. A TAG over-limping suggests suited-connector or pocket pair. The flop cap and the turn suggests you are beaten (flush or set), so I think this is maybe a good fold, although I'm not sure I can allways do it.....
Old 05-20-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

21/15 is most likely to raise these big aces preflop. A TAG over-limping suggests suited-connector or pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I think he has ace-small suited, pocket pair or some other suited hand. Given the flop action I think a set, TP + heart draw or just a heart draw is more probable since I don't see him capping the flop without a two-pair or good draw and since I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the only two-pairs he can have are A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which leaves him with a lot of nasty hands. Ok, maybe he has 54s but I'm ignoring that.

I think I'm behind here often enough to fold... probably.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:39 AM

Am I the only one that routinely raises this prelfop?