Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 01:46 AM

Default TP w/ BB but flush board

Reads - MP2 is a fish with over 60% VPIP over past 20 hands (hand selection is bad too), button is about 22% VPIP over last 30 hands or so. Thats all I had on them.

I feel as though I played this wrong despite winning. What do you do on the flop and turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

check is standard

Flop: (3.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

I bet out with TP thinking its unlikely anyone flopped a flush, any point of 3 betting?

Turn: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

The Jack improves my hand if someone doesn't already have the flush - but kicker trouble? I bet to see what happens

River: (10.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Close to the nuts, obvious bet.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Any pointers greatly appreciated!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: TP w/ BB but flush board

I'm not crazy about the flop 3bet on that board. His raise probably means 2pair, set, or flush. I'd call his raise on the flop. When the J hits on the turn, I'd probably take a WA/WB line, check/call, bet a blank river.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not crazy about the flop 3bet on that board. His raise probably means 2pair, set, or flush. I'd call his raise on the flop. When the J hits on the turn, I'd probably take a WA/WB line, check/call, bet a blank river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weak thinking. The flop raise could be a free-card raise, or a raise with something like T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or even a bluff attempt. It's far too early to be assuming a monster.

However, I agree that the flop 3-bet was bad. I would call and lead on a non-spade. I'm happy to check-fold if the 4th spade comes because there simply aren't enough hands that top pair weak kicker can beat anymore.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:06 AM

Grunching.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet out with TP thinking its unlikely anyone flopped a flush, any point of 3 betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

Turn and river are fine.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop raise means a single big [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] more often than any of those things. The kicker is a concern (thus making the flop 3-bet highly questionable), but when you hit trips on the turn you have to play it like YHIG.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:26 AM

I agree 3-betting the flop is not the best line.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but when you hit trips on the turn you have to play it like YHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pluse you have odds to a full house/quads when it's not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]