Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 01:19 AM

Default KQs: what to do with overcards?

Only vague reads: SB is a pretty solid TAG. BB is somewhat loose, very passive.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero ?????.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: KQs: what to do with overcards?

Looks fine, I call the river vs a TAG.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:25 AM

I would definitely get rid of it on the river. The pot's pretty tiny, so get away from it. The flop call is ok.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:29 AM

Im thinking our TAG has a low pocket pair. I'm not 100% on a call, but I'd like to see what hes got.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:19 AM

Easy Fold. I think SB is betting something here, the way it went down I would guess a pair of 5's, possibly a hand like 72 or 75.

On the flop you have backdoor draws galore, straight, flush, and two overcards, all told that's like 5.5 outs I think so I think you're good to call.

Turn, you improved 0 of your draws and are now pretty much done with the hand, if it isn't checked down I fold, If I managed to hit top pair on the river I might check/call, but otherwise I don't see you having the best hand, SB isn't betting zilch on this one no matter how aggressive he is...
Old 05-19-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy Fold. I think SB is betting something here, the way it went down I would guess a pair of 5's, possibly a hand like 72 or 75.

On the flop you have backdoor draws galore, straight, flush, and two overcards, all told that's like 5.5 outs I think so I think you're good to call.

Turn, you improved 0 of your draws and are now pretty much done with the hand, if it isn't checked down I fold, <font color="red"> If I managed to hit top pair on the river I might check/call</font>, but otherwise I don't see you having the best hand, SB isn't betting zilch on this one no matter how aggressive he is...

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call with a pair but fold a flush? Puppies are dying everywhere!
Old 05-19-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*smack

NO! BAD!

Fold river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 03:29 AM

agree i fold the river.

but

why not raise flop? is it because of an early position better? we raised pf, we want control of this hand. right now we have overcards (6 outs) backdoor flush (1.5) backdoor straight (1) plus we're late position so this could work for a free turn card. (think like u dont know the turn is trash).

sure, everyone is going to call the raise, but that's more money for us if we pick up a draw/top pair.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*smack

NO! BAD!

Fold river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. It will take a great player, on average, 30 hands to make back the BB that is wasted on calling this river.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:50 AM

There's no need to raise the flop, and more importantly, it doesn't accomplish anything good. It's been my experience that when a player leads into a pot that's been raised PF, they have something; usually, that something won't be folded. Also, the very fact that you raised PF will quite often get you a free turn card unless someone has a strong hand (i.e. TPGK, 2 pr, set, whatever). Chances are, the SB is betting a pair on that fairly drawless board. Call the flop and re-evaluate on the turn, in my opinion.