Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Finally took a beating.BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!!

One "idiot" and yes this is the key word here busted me 3 times with trash. NL $100

"acesinsleeves" put him on your buddy list. I want to kill him yet love him for the next time. Because I want to play him over and over where his luck runs out.

He calls raises of $8 with J2o.

Calls preflop raise then reraise from 2 other players of $15 with QTo.

He proceeded to hits trip Ts vs the other 2 players AA and KK. Wins $260.

Overall played about 500 hands with 7 hands in $100+ pots getting bad beat by 3 outers. I hate luck,

The players at the 2 tables I was playing at NL $100 saw me getting bad beat several hands in a row so the kept calling me more and more, so I kept raising more and more to make them pay more, but they kept hitting their crap hands. -$350. Surprized I didn't lose more.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Finally took a beating.BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!!

Have you considered the fact that you may have been on tilt and that your opponents may have held the correct implied odds to hit their weak draws ?

I play the same level as you and oftentimes just because someone is a lag pre flop does not mean that they are a bad player. It has been said many times in this forum that it is possible to play uber lag pre flop but play very well post flop and still have a good expectation (with very high variance).

I am not trying to insult you, or say that this guy was a good player (because I don't know) but 3.5 buyins is quite a bit to go through at one table. I know that when I have lost that much it is usually because of other reasons that do not have to do with the cards.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:23 AM

Kinda immature to drop his name.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:25 AM

putting this guy's handle here is a big etiquette nono.

It's also pretty [censored] stupid.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Please remember to put "(NC)" in the title next time you post something like this
Old 05-19-2005, 08:29 AM

BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!! is pretty much the same as NC disclaimer.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!! is pretty much the same as NC disclaimer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken
Old 05-19-2005, 08:49 AM

Just had this hand, thought I'd post it to annoy you.

BTW did you consider he might be a professional player who was mixing it up? Perhaps one of your fellow 2+2ers? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Maybe the "Implied Tilt Odds" made this a +EV play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

SB ($57.75)
BB ($100)
UTG ($272.35)
Hero ($89)
MP1 ($94.9)
MP2 ($251.53)
MP3 ($126.4)
CO ($39.3)
Button ($84.62)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $7, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($22.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets $82 (All-In), MP1 calls $87.90 (All-In), Button folds.

Turn: ($192.40) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($192.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $192.40

Hero has Jh 9h (two pair, jacks and nines).
MP1 has Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $186.50. MP1 wins $5.90.

This guy tilted too, it was beautiful to watch.

Comments on any street welcome [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 10:34 AM

You have a lot to learn.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:34 PM

Well to answer this one there were 2 pots I did play bad and lost about $150 when I should have folded and I knew it, just played like a bonehead. Odds were too much that they had me beat. So yes that amount was tilt.

As for the bad player. yes he did display better postflop play despite his rediculous preflop play. Although he only thinks on one level. Example you raise PF he assumes AK, flop comes AJ2, he will call down with his J2 2 pair not realizing maybe that the opponent has AA, AJ, or JJ raising a little once on the turn then calling down.

Incententally this was the one hand he beat me. Flop I bet he raises a little, I reraise, he calls. check, I bet the turn with a blank, he calls. Check, check the river. I see players raise with any ace in this situation so I thought I made the right play on the flop and turn. I suspected he hit his 2 pair on the turn when he called.

Basically that was the same situations for all my hands with him.

Another hand. I raise with KK $8 to clear the 5 callers. He calls. Flop comes A84. I bet 2/3 pot, he thinks, calls. I bet 2/3 flop on turn with blank, he calls. Check check river. He shows A7o. I mean can I stop betting everytime an ace comes on the flop when I dont hold one vs 1 player? This allows other players to bluff at me?

Now I am going to seek this player out. if he limps or is in the BB he calls a raise upto $10. This is NL100 $.50/$1. Then seems to raise 2 pair or better on flop doubling your bet, call draws, and calls down with TP crap kicker, never folding. Now I know how to play against this fool. He bad beat me 4 of my 7 times. very annoying but what can you do.