Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Should I call the river with my low pair?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

MP2 is very laggy. He will play some very bad hands. SB is an LP after a small sample size of about thirty hands.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

What is my line?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Should I call the river with my low pair?

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

MP2 is very laggy. He will play some very bad hands. SB is an LP after a small sample size of about thirty hands.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

What is my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a specific read that SB will bet a busted draw, call as you are getting 10:1. Otherwise fold. He came alive when the board paired, which lessens the possibility that he's betting a draw.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 PM

I think I would raise the turn and take a free showdown UI. This should get MP3 out of the way and I don't see the SB making it 3 bets since he would have checkraised with that strong of a hand anyway.

Haupt_234
Old 05-19-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would raise the turn and take a free showdown UI. This should get MP3 out of the way and I don't see the SB making it 3 bets since he would have checkraised with that strong of a hand anyway.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. The only problem is if he three-bets with trip tens I end up paying two extra big bets to see if my flush comes. But like you said, wouldn't he have checkraised with trip tens? Without a great read on this fish it is tough to judge whether he would be sophisticated enough to check-raise.