Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 10:18 PM

Default AJo - UTG

This is probably a totally uninteresting hand, but I'd like to see what people think.

Reads: BB is loose passive, but will take occasional shots on paired flops HU (really doesn't apply here, but shows hes not a complete calling station). 50/.7 kind of a guy. UTG+1 is pretty new so I have no read other than he's not getting out of line, which only means hes not like 60/40

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (12.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: AJo - UTG

When I clicked reply I wanted to say, "I fold the turn" because BB always has a T or occasionally KQ and that beats you too.

But actually I don't because the pot is huge and sometimes you'll be surprised.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I clicked reply I wanted to say, "I fold the turn" because BB always has a T or occasionally KQ and that beats you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm getting suprised here very often. I think this guy has a T 90% of the time, I guess KQ may be possible but highly unlikely he caps the flop with that hand especially on a paired board. Anyways, without the A on the turn I would've easily folded. I figured that I have 4 outs a huge portion of the time and I wasn't worried about a raise from UTG+1. I guess the turn was pretty routine.

I have to call this river right? Even though I am now 95% sure he has atleast a T. If the positions were reversed I would never have overcalled here of course.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:06 AM

You cannot fold the turn because you have four outs versus a ten and six outs versus KQ. You even have outs versus flopped full houses. Also Q9, 98, and a few others are possible worse hands for him and you might get a free showdown in those cases.

The question is what to do about the river when another bad card hits (completes 98, KK, QQ, AQ, and KJ).

This is one of those rivers that is "impossible" to fold but you probably should.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can almost call the turn on your four outer.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to call this river right? Even though I am now 95% sure he has atleast a T

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fold if you are that sure.