Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 04:33 PM

Default overreaction?

I was playing on Pokerstars the other day, and there was this player whose avatar was a gun pointed at a kitten, and the kitten standing on it's hind feet with it's paws in the air, like a criminal would do if the police pointed a gun at him.

Well, I love cats, and the whole idea that someone would think it funny to point a gun at a defenseless kitten really made me angry. So I wrote Pokerstars, and asked them to have this player change his avatar.

Pokerstars wrote back that the player has used this avatar for six months, and I was the first person to complain, they would not ask the palyer to change his avatar.

Anyway, I wonder, did I over react here? I still feel the avatar is in very bad taste, but at the same time, I kinda feel like a snitch, which is something I usually despise.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: overreaction?

yes, i think you really overreacted. It was probably just a little joke. And, to be quite honest bad taste or not, it's not that big of a deal. And, to top it off, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POKER THEORY! This part of the forum is for discussing poker theory, and not some overreaction to someone's avatar. (I actually think it's kind of funny too)
Old 05-18-2005, 05:16 PM

nit.

Why did you post this here?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you post this here?

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad
Old 05-18-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing on Pokerstars the other day, and there was this player whose avatar was a gun pointed at a kitten, and the kitten standing on it's hind feet with it's paws in the air, like a criminal would do if the police pointed a gun at him.

Well, I love cats, and the whole idea that someone would think it funny to point a gun at a defenseless kitten really made me angry. So I wrote Pokerstars, and asked them to have this player change his avatar.

Pokerstars wrote back that the player has used this avatar for six months, and I was the first person to complain, they would not ask the palyer to change his avatar.

Anyway, I wonder, did I over react here? I still feel the avatar is in very bad taste, but at the same time, I kinda feel like a snitch, which is something I usually despise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling a need to do some road-hunting for cats tonight. Need to go sight the scope on the Ruger 10-22. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:45 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

This has gotta be a joke post.

But if it isn't...

Get a skin, willya.

Don't you have anything better to worry about than a stupid avatar?

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda feel like a snitch

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of better words than snitch that would fit much better.

b
Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling a need to do some road-hunting for cats tonight. Need to go sight the scope on the Ruger 10-22. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hick.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Actually I hate cats. All the cat lovers I have met are people I would rather not spend time with. But seriously though, how can you get offended by something so silly? It's an animal posed in a humorous manner. If you dont like an avatar, pokerstars has a nice block icon feature. I use it all the time for people who put up pictures of their ugly babies, ugly pets, or their own hideous faces. Dont get so ticked off about trivial things and please please don't try to get icons or my favorite tv shows banned because you dont like them.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:31 PM

If you genuinely found the avatar offensive, then you didn't overreact. Emailing Stars to tell them is the right way to deal with an offensive avatar.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:05 PM

I'm almost 100% positive that the avatar image in question is actually somewhat of an inside joke. Go to Fark.com and you'll see what I mean. I don't think anyone is actually advocating gun violence against domestic pets.

-edit- That image (if I'm thinking of the same one) is actually Photoshopped anyway.