Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2002, 05:13 PM

Default Automatic or foolhardy set of Aces?

Relatively (for NorCal) tight-aggressive 15-30.

A couple of limpers to me in cutoff with black Aces. I raise. Button folds. SB makes it 3-bets. Folded to me. I make it 4. SB calls.

Flop is A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets. I raise. He 3-bets. I 4-bet. He 5-bets. I 6-bet. He 7-bets. I call. Uh, I think he has a flush. A chance he has AJs or JJ.

Turn is 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

SB bets. I raise. He 3-bets. I call.

River is a blank

SB bets. I call. SB shows K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

How far does do you take this hand on each street?
Old 12-05-2002, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Automatic or foolhardy set of Aces?

As I said in a post yesterday, I think... I would consider smooth-calling a reraise preflop with AA headsup with position... though if you would be willing to 4-bet many hands (a la Mason's recent "Hand to Talk About") here, then fire away.

Once you get 5-bet on the flop, I think you need to put him on the flush. Having said that, I don't like your flop 6-bet or especially your turn raise.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:25 PM

I would only call his 3 bet pre-flop,to try and diguise my hand,since its headup.

On the flop I would just call his 5 bet and plan on raising the turn.I think the turn and river play is just fine on your part.Better luck next time!!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] RINCON
Old 12-05-2002, 05:25 PM

Default awful

Did a flush ever come into consideration? When you get popped and repopped, it sounds like you're up against a flush.

On the turn you should back off and wait for the board to pair.

Old 12-06-2002, 03:30 AM

"I call. Uh, I think he has a flush...

Turn is 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] SB bets. I raise."

What made you change your mind? You 4-bet pre-flop and 14-bet the flop, your initial read seems correct.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:16 AM

What made you change your mind? You 4-bet pre-flop and 14-bet the flop, your initial read seems correct.

Yeah, um, well, yeah... I knew the guy didn't put me on Aces pre-flop when I 4-bet him heads up.

So, he'd 5 bet me with AxKh, a set of Jacks, AJ. The 7 bet made me believe, but something in me made me want to make sure on the turn. That's where I really think I wasted 2 BB. I knew the right move by that time, I just didn't do it.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:41 AM

call the flop!? and raise the turn.

whether you pay off on the river is pretty player dependent but after getting 3 bet on the turn i think u can do it if you wont get too upset about the 1/20 time you lay down a winner.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:09 PM

Is the other player mildly retarded....how hard is it to put someone 4 betting preflop on aces...i guess the 5 bet made you think flush and then 7 bet made you think nut flush and the bet on the turn made you think AJo [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
keep peeling and even ten hands in a row with a set of aces wont save your bankroll
Old 12-06-2002, 02:46 PM

Is the other player mildly retarded....how hard is it to put someone 4 betting preflop on aces...

Not mildly retarted, but heads-up incredibly aggressive. I have a post in the short-handed section that shows the level of aggression people show here heads-up. As for the 4-bet preflop, in this particular game, I guarantee you that he did not put me on Aces. He would be 100% sure that I would flat-call his 3-bet if I had Aces.

i guess the 5 bet made you think flush and then 7 bet made you think nut flush and the bet on the turn made you think AJo

LOL. That is classic. Well put. I'm an idiot.