Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:06 PM

Default JTs from MP

B&M 9 handed 3/6 game.

Reads: UTG+1 is slightly loose, MP2 is loose/passive

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts? I'm not really comfortable with how the hand went, but I'm unsure how to play it better. Still very much on the early side of the learning curve here. Seeing a player I'd regarded as passive betting at the pot made me nervous about the flush. I'd seen him not raise pre-flop even with AKo, so I had a hard time putting him on a hand here.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: JTs from MP

I would raise preflop. These 3/6 BM idiots will call 2 cold with the same hands that they would see the flop for 1 bet.
Bet the turn. YOu are ahead a majority of the time, and charge draws (KQ, a heart etc) now while you have the best of it. Probably okay to check-call the river if you get called on the turn. BUt then again, this is BM 3/6, so I can find a value bet on the river too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 02:16 PM

I think I would lead the turn here, slow down if raised. There are 3 hearts on the board, but that doesn't mean someone has a flush.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:17 PM

I'd bet the turn and go from there
Old 05-18-2005, 02:21 PM

I'd bet the turn and call a raise, check/call the river if raised on the turn (if the guy just calls I'd probably bet the river). He could easily have a weaker made hand like a weaker 2 pair or TPTK with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so he has redraws if he is beat.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:23 PM

Passive preflop doesn't necessarily mean passive postflop. In this situation his flop raise (which I didn't see initially) could just be A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] X or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if he's aggressive enough postflop.

Anyway, I'll just go with he's overall passive for the hand. I like the way you stopped after the flop raise on this board. You put in less when behind by keeping it at one bet, and still make about as much when ahead. NH.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:27 PM

Would I not be giving better odds to a drawing hand by leading the turn? With the pot large, I didn't feel that I was in a position to be able to induce a fold from either player.

That said, the turn is where I am debating the most and I suspect I'm just flat out missing something obvious about why leading out is the better option.

My thought process at the time was that if I led the turn and was raised, it's much more likely that I'm already behind, and it would cost me two more BB to call down. If MP2 just calls my bet here and on the river, it's the same two BB that would be in the pot as playing check/call check/call. That is, if I'm ahead, I'd not be likely to make any more on the hand by leading and if I'm behind I'd be losing an additional BB.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:51 PM

Leading out on the turn is much better because this is not a board you want to see checked through and give free cards on. If you get raised behind, well, think of it as protection for your hand that still may be best.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would I not be giving better odds to a drawing hand by leading the turn? With the pot large, I didn't feel that I was in a position to be able to induce a fold from either player.

[/ QUOTE ]

So giving out infinite odds is better?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, the turn is where I am debating the most and I suspect I'm just flat out missing something obvious about why leading out is the better option.

My thought process at the time was that if I led the turn and was raised, it's much more likely that I'm already behind, and it would cost me two more BB to call down. If MP2 just calls my bet here and on the river, it's the same two BB that would be in the pot as playing check/call check/call. That is, if I'm ahead, I'd not be likely to make any more on the hand by leading and if I'm behind I'd be losing an additional BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're also getting called by 1 pair on the turn. NOt betting the turn costs you a lot.