Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Over/Under...next reasonably officiated nba game?

id give an over under of like 50 years from now, anyone think we might get one before then? this sonics/spurs series is turning into a "lets make whichever call that will benefit the spurs" fest. and i dont even like the sonics. Watching my warriors be mistreated so badly this year sucked. are there nba officals who havent decided who will win the games before they start?

rj

by the way, bruce bowen should have fouled out in the first quarter. i could be first team all nba defensive team if i got away with what he got away with too...
Old 05-18-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Over/Under...next reasonably officiated nba game?

case in point...that technical foul...there are harder fouls than that in poker games...

rj
Old 05-18-2005, 06:32 AM

The charge they called on Daniels? on Bowen? in the 4th was absolutely absurd....his feet were clearly shuffling side to side and Daniels was trying to get around him anyway...I didn't think the refs fell for the "pretend you really flew 20 feet" routine when it was that bad
Old 05-18-2005, 02:05 PM

i would think they wouldnt fall for bruce bowen's antics, but they have EVERY SINGLE GAME IVE SEEN THE SPURS PLAY. come on, give some legitimacy to a championship please...

rj
Old 05-20-2005, 02:01 AM

well, game 6 was same old same old...nate mcmillan should have throw a chair on the floor.

rj
Old 05-20-2005, 05:01 AM

i either disagree or am brainwashed, not sure yet. at the very least, the game wasn't as bad as others. the officiating was bad, but it went both ways this game, and each team had their shot, the spurs just came up at the end. one of the biggest faults i had with the officiating was the way they judged the spurs inside the circle, but guys like Jerome JAmes can't lean in or turn his back on a play.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:30 AM

The officiating was pretty horrid throughout the entire series, although every time I thought it was pretty clear it was in favor of the Spurs, they would make a really horrid call in the Sonics favor. Still the vast majority of bad calls I saw were in the spurs favor. At least it isn't the lakers though.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 PM

back to back tom tolbert quotes:

Jerome James goes to the basket, puts up a shot and runs over someone in the restricted area, they call a charge, tom tolbert says, "remember, the defensive player does not have to be set to take a charge"...spurs go back down, ginobli flies into jerome james, who is standing still on the edge of the restricted area: "now remember, if the defensive player's feet are in the restricted area it is always a block no matter what". uhhhh...i think im gonna be calling into knbr 680 and giving "mr t" a piece of my mind.

rj
Old 05-21-2005, 09:16 AM

My wife knows NOTHING about basketball and was obliging me by watching the last few minutes of the Sonics' game 6 and she stunned me by coming out of nowhere with, "That Ginobli guy is such an idiot. He flails his arms around and acts crazy to draw fouls. And i hate his nose."