Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 08:00 PM

Default AQs...how to extract...discuss.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter
Table is LP as hell. Preflop raiser has not said a word the entire time so, I put him on a big hand...I know I shoulda 3-bet preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero...?

I understand I have mucho pot equity here, and I need to get as much money in the pot as possible. With 4 people to act behind me, do I want to raise facing the field with 2 cold or call and hope to get overcalls?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: AQs...how to extract...discuss.

I would raise.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:05 PM

I would call. I think we're getting more value by going for overcalls than by raising and knocking everyone behind us out.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:13 PM

3bet pf- raise flop
as you played it- call the flop
Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raiser has not said a word the entire time so, I put him on a big hand...I know I shoulda 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I would have flat called also. AQs isn't a hand you're looking to get HU with, especially if your read on villain is passive.

Given your eval of the table, I'd raise the flop. With everyone being passive, odds of getting callers are high and your raise is already for value since 2 others are already involved. The passive read means you're also likely to get a free turn card if you need it.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:17 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Table is LP as hell. Preflop raiser has not said a word the entire time so, I put him on a big hand...I know I shoulda 3-bet preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero...?

I understand I have mucho pot equity here, and I need to get as much money in the pot as possible. With 4 people to act behind me, do I want to raise facing the field with 2 cold or call and hope to get overcalls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise the flop. You're getting more than enough equity already assuming that just the two people to already call stay in the pot. Any coldcalls, and you will likely get some at .50/1 and with four opponents, are gravy. Plus, raising could hook you up with a free card, and let you get to showdown cheaper when you miss.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 PM

Raise. You may get people to muck hands like a2 or a3 which gives you a few extra outs. You may also buy a free card.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, there is 16 SB in the pot right now. If we raise we make it 18:2 (probably could argue it's a probably 20:2 with those already in the pot calling), and a lot of people will still have odds to call, so you'll very likely get some of the others in the pot as well.

I like raising.

KO
Old 05-17-2005, 08:43 PM

3-bet preflop
Raise flop
Old 05-17-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise. You may get people to muck hands like a2 or a3 which gives you a few extra outs. You may also buy a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though these are reasons, they aren't the most important ones by FAR.

Fact is, your hand is a big moneymaker. Pump the draw hard. Screw trying to get hands to fold or buying a card, you need to get as much money as possible into this draw. You'll get a lot more cold callers than you'll expect on the flop, I imagine.