Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Large pot, unsure of what to do on the turn.

Loose game of 100NL at the bike.
I have some reads, seat 9 will call large bets with draws, no real read on seat 1, seems decent but maybe slightly LAG.
Seat 9, seat 1, and I all have about 200 dollars.

a few limpers to me in late MP, i see AQ offsuit, I raise it to 13 (standard raise for this table). Folded around to seat 9 (small blind) who calls, as does seat 1(big blind) and seat 2, 3, and 5 (limpers).

Flop comes Q96, all offsuit. checked around to me, i bet 40 dollars, SB calls, BB calls, rest fold. We go to the turn 3 handed. Turn is a 3, board is all offsuit.

At this point the pot is pretty large, But i'm not sure I have the best hand, as the two players who have called the large flop bet could be hiding a big hand that beats just one pair. I have put in about 25% of my stack into this hand, and i'm not sure where to go from this point. Do I check and give a straight draw a free card and keep a big hand from check raising me, or keep betting hoping i'm up against a weaker queen, an smaller pair like JJ or TT or indeed a draw like JT.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Large pot, unsure of what to do on the turn.

If this table is anything like the live at the bike broadcasts, I'd probably bet $100 on the turn.