Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 AM

Default KQ in EP

Read on villan was that he was loose and very awful quite frankly. He was occasionally aggressive preflop - more passive post flop, although would often bluff with nothing on late streets.

Comments anywhere appreciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

And no, he didn't show me a flush.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: KQ in EP

why did you call that flop? You are drawing dead or to unclean outs. The Qd might be good with another diamond, but odds to pot size.

Turn. What are you behind... AQ, QT, J8, KJ, Q9, TT, 99, 55, XdXd.

You are drawing to 3 outs at most unless the Qd is good.

fold flop...

After the turn raise.. you have to call.
You have to call the river.

The turn was a trap card.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-17-2005, 01:48 AM

Looks good.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

why did you call that flop? You are drawing dead or to unclean outs. The Qd might be good with another diamond, but odds to pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time villian only has a pair, and most of hero's outs are good. Villian is only defending the BB afterall.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Looks good to me. You're not ahead often enough to do anything like cap the turn or raise the river, but you still have a hand worth showing down. I think people tend to mess around more with a monotone board, especially if they have the K or A of that suit.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:24 AM

I don't understand, how do you know that the diamond draw is not good, and the K or Q outs are dirty? All this guy did was call from the BB, and bet a monotone flop. How did you get all this information that you should fold to an awful player's bet on this flop? Most of the time they bet to try and scare you into folding.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:29 AM

I like the flop call. But I'd just call the turn. You're not going to fold a bigger diamond, and you don't want to fold a worse pair. Then I'd raise that river and call a 3-bet. Given that you got 3-bet on the turn, you have to call the river.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn. What are you behind... AQ, QT, J8, KJ, Q9, TT, 99, 55, XdXd.

You are drawing to 3 outs at most unless the Qd is good.

fold flop...

After the turn raise.. you have to call.
You have to call the river.

The turn was a trap card.

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up, your folding 9 outs to the third nut flush, three outs to a gutshot, and 5 outs to a pair, after you raised preflop?

The turn is an excellent card. Now, alot of the time you either have the best hand or the best draw, it is VERY RARE you will not have one of the two.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop call. But I'd just call the turn. You're not going to fold a bigger diamond, and you don't want to fold a worse pair. Then I'd raise that river and call a 3-bet. Given that you got 3-bet on the turn, you have to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this one. If your read is correct, I personally think the way you played the hand is good. Even though you think this guy is more passive after the flop than before, there's a strong chance he's betting on a pair on the flop, maybe even a pair with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. What if he wents nuts with only one of the above? Calling the turn would then probably end up in him checking the river and folding to a bet.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Results

Thanks for all the replies - except the guy who said not to call the flop, which is just crazy. Although the comment about the turn being a trap card was correct.

Villan showed a J8o and I was beat. But I am thankful that he likes to call preflop raises with a hand like that.