Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 10:46 PM

Default How\'s my line with Queens?

How's my pf raise into a 2 raisers? The way I see it, I needed to continuation bet on the flop, should I have fired again at the turn? Don't see that I could given the flop. Questionable pf raise?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (10 handed) converter

BB ($7.40)
UTG ($24.25)
UTG+1 ($39.55)
UTG+2 ($16.45)
MP1 ($38.65)
MP2 ($26.90)
MP3 ($59.80)
Hero ($49.25)
Button ($31.25)
SB ($31.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $5.50.

Flop: ($21.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, UTG+1 calls $14.

Turn: ($49.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($49.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $49.75
Old 05-17-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: How\'s my line with Queens?

I call and see a flop against a re-raise, even though the first raise was a weak one. Since you 3-raised, I play it like you did post flop.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:01 PM

Im not sure why you check down this hand after the flop betting. I dont see him having and draws, and he is going to raise you if he has a set. You need to move the K small kicker off of the pot or you have the better pair.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:05 PM

He showed big slick. I don't think betting would have got him off that, do you?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:08 PM

It depends. I put him on A K aswell, fearing A A (which you are representing). With a read that he might fold A K, I might try to blow him off. Most of the times though, I wouldn´t.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He showed TPTK and didnt bet the turn or the river? The only hand he is afraid of is AA or KK. His checking down indicates that is what he put you on as you wouldnt raise PreFlop with any two pair or set. There is no draw on the flop. If he is a calling station, check it down and he loses money on his monster hand.

Your oponent has (should have) learned from you that if yout dont get a fold with flop bet, you wont bet underpairs on the turn or river.

You have learned from you oponent that he is afraid of his very strong non-NUTS hands.

JAA
Old 05-17-2005, 12:23 PM

One of the problems with this hand at the river is that neither of you has much stack left at this point. I can't see him twice checking anything but Big Slick....but you don't have enough left (about half the pot?) to push him out, esp cuz he has less than you do.

He has about 16 left, if you put him all in, there is 65 in the pot...not sure I fold AK getting 4/1 at this point.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he plays it this slow, you might of. But in order to do so you would have to make a move, that under any normal circumstances is flat out absurd.

I think you could of made a medium bet for value on the river, regardless of this outcome.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 PM

Admitting to the donk that I am. Can someone explain a value bet when you think you're behind?

I had him on AK since he reraised the small UTG raised and only called my raise. Then he stayed on my flop bet representing at least a pair of Kings. At that point, I didn't think there was a way I could push him off it. But I've been on a bit of a tailspin lately so my tightness might have taken over.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Admitting to the donk that I am. Can someone explain a value bet when you think you're behind?

I had him on AK since he reraised the small UTG raised and only called my raise. Then he stayed on my flop bet representing at least a pair of Kings. At that point, I didn't think there was a way I could push him off it. But I've been on a bit of a tailspin lately so my tightness might have taken over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Im a donk too, we will get a long.

If the guy is somewhat knowledgable about this game, he knows you might be looking to CR on the turn. His check there shows a very vulnerable hand in my mind. If he knows the purpose of a value bet (IMO to bet as much as you think your opponent will call and not fold because you have him beat), if you spend your timer on the and bet out a little less than his stack, he may sense you are trying to suck him out and induce a fold.

Though if you know he is a rock, check it down. I think you would have called a few value bets, so he lost out. Being in EP I find I need to know what my opponent thinks of his hand quick.

JAA