Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Filling up after being threebet on the turn.

MP2 is 12.50/8.7/2.1 , and when this hand happend I think his pfr was slightly less.

SB is a complete fish and is basically calling every raise at the table cold(I assume so he can 'get lucky').

I probably could have folded the flop, as the pot isn't that big and the free money folded out.. but seeing as I didn't what line do people take on the river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Filling up after being threebet on the turn.

PF: Fold, you have a weak drawing hand out of position against a hand that could dominate yours.

Flop Call, you have 3 2-pair outs, 2 trips outs, 1 backdoor flush out, 1 backdoor straight out = 7 outs (6-1) to improve, with implied odds, I'd call.

Turn Cap it, you're only behind QQ and TT. These hands will pop up, but not often enough to not cap.

River Lead, call a raise.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 PM

I'd have folded pre-flop, but I might be tighter than most out of thr BB.

The flop call seems loose, considering tightness of PFR.

I guess I raise and call the river.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 PM

Fold preflop, that pot doesn't have enough people to call there.

I fold the flop. If you count all your outs you're a few thin, and I think you need to discount the K some.

Turn I cap, you're not behind much here. If he's got a bigger FH so be it.

With my line I bet/call the river, I don't see him continuing aggression without TT or QQ.

With your line I check/raise the river, calling a 3-bet.