Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Ace high flush draw on flop...too crazy?

<font color="blue">Still multitabling/bonuswhoring and no solid reads...sorry.</font>

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

<font color="blue">Are you guys ok with calling from EP with this at these loose tables?</font>

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">I had the odds to just coldcall here. Better to cap?</font>

Turn: (11.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">This was risky, but I thought after capping, it would look very strange if I didn't bet. Not to mention, I thought it might give me a better chance to see the river cheaply.</font>

River: (15.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
Old 05-15-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Ace high flush draw on flop...too crazy?

Only part I dont like is the turn, there's a good chance mp1 will raise and may blow mp3 (and maybe the button) off the park. I might check and see what develops.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:54 AM

why did you lead out on the flop into a large field? i know you have a strong draw to the nuts, but i would think this would be a check/3-bet situation.

i have no idea on the turn. i know i probably would have bet out, but on the action on the flop, i doubt anyone is folding. meh...not sure. i think you should have checked, but i probably would have bet too in that situation [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 10:57 AM

I'd check/call the turn, you no longer have an equity edge and betting could prove expensive.

I don't understand how betting the turn gives you a better chance to see the river cheaply.

Rest is standard.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you lead out on the flop into a large field? i know you have a strong draw to the nuts, but i would think this would be a check/3-bet situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no guarantee anyone will bet this let alone raise a bet. A check/raise could also push people out of the pot if the bet came from a late position player.

I think bet/3-bet is clearly the right play here.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 AM

As mentioned - save that BB on the turn.

If you were paired, or had str8 draws, then you could argue a bet - but otherwise, just check call.

You mentioned it might get you to see the river cheaply - but someone with a two pair or better could pop you again on the turn since a non-flush card came.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a clear bet. You don't want this checked through, your equity is huge. It's unfortunate this was raised directly behind but it turned out ok. Capping here is fine imho.

Turn I check/call but that's already been covered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no guarantee anyone will bet this let alone raise a bet. A check/raise could also push people out of the pot if the bet came from a late position player.

I think bet/3-bet is clearly the right play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i merely said "check/3-bet" because it was raised twice behind me- maybe we should simply call 2 back...not sure, but i would really think someone would bet this coordinated flop: K, J, flush, straight possibilities. it is hard for me to think this flop did NOT hit someone.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
, but i would think this would be a bet/cap situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your sentence.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Are you guys ok with calling from EP with this at these loose tables?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a particularly loose table? If so, including that read helps.

I don't play suited aces preflop from EP unless the table is especially nutty. Too easy to flop a dominated hand that you'll have difficulty getting away from (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], for instance...TP, BDNFD, gushot, yada-yada).