Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Default AQ calling station

Should I fold this AQ, and if yes, when?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $1.32 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.82 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7.91 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.91 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.91 BB

Reads: UTG is LAA
Old 05-15-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: AQ calling station

Fold on the turn.

You're getting 8:1 HU, and you need 10.5:1 to call for your gutshot. What capping hands are you ahead of on the river?
Old 05-15-2005, 05:28 PM

Reads?

The river call (and turn call, to a lesser extent -- maybe you thought you could make up the bet and half you are short, and given the action it's probably close either way) is chip spewing. You win this hand one time in a thousand; as you are ahead of zero standard capping hands. The flop call is fine as you have a backdoor flush draw and a gutshot straight draw in what is now a very bloated pot.

-K
Old 05-15-2005, 06:08 PM

[blind response]

Pre-flop seems fine, though after he caps it i'm definately proceeding cautiously. Unless he's a total maniac, it looks like he's got something.

Flop looks totally fine.

I can't say I agree with the turn play. You've got four outs to your straight... I suppose you could count some outs if you spike an ace, but given the pre-flop action i'm not sure that wins it for you. I wouldn't count them, personally. So you are short 1.5 bets to correctly make the call.

Now, bc of the aces, i might occassionaly call this. But after seeing the river, i'd definately fold. What could you possibly beat here?

Like I said to begin with, unless he's a total maniac, there's virtually no way your hand is good here.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:11 PM

fold the turn.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:02 PM

I would take the hand to the turn and hope to see a Jack/Spade. Check/Fold if missed.

I think your up against: JJ-AA, AK.
Your Q hitting is no good, the Ace might be ok. If it hit I'd check/call to showdown, unless you improve on the River.