Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 PM

Default An Ed Miller fold or a Lee Jones fold?

I've still got a lot of work to do on my game- I question myself in marginal situations. Thoughts on this? No reads, 3rd hand at the table.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

In the old days I would probably 3-bet this. I didn't do that here because I'm trying to stop spewing.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Facing 2 cold on the turn with top pair medium kicker and a paired board I figured this was an easy fold. Right?!!!

River: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 05-15-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: An Ed Miller fold or a Lee Jones fold?

Raise preflop, and I probably 3bet the flop.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:35 PM

absent reads i'd have called this down.
if button is very passive you can probably fold this safely, but i'd need a read saying exactly that before i folded.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

turn fold is alright, but i don't like how you got there. your kicker may not play on some rivers, so you only get half the pot some of the time you had the best hand.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:47 PM

grunching

To me this is a Miller fold. The pot isn't very big and with that turn raise button is pretty much telling you that he has a 7.
(Then his river check indicates that he didn't, darn)
Even if you call the turn you have to worry about MP1 making it 3 bets.

I think i would have been leading that turn instead of checking. And also I would have raised this PF.

-aron
Old 05-15-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I knew I have been playing like a little girl lately. I'm still working on it.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the old days I would probably 3-bet this. I didn't do that here because I'm trying to stop spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 bet this. You are ahead of everything except A7 and A3.

Turn is kind of tricky. Depends on what kind of player MP1 is. I think I call the 2 though.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absent reads i'd have called this down.
if button is very passive you can probably fold this safely, but i'd need a read saying exactly that before i folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button cold called the flop, and then raised the turn when the board paired. I think calling two cold on the turn here is giving up too much. I like his fold. But like many other said, I don't like how he got there.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button cold called the flop, and then raised the turn when the board paired. I think calling two cold on the turn here is giving up too much. I like his fold. But like many other said, I don't like how he got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you put button on? I'm not saying that a fold is incorrect here, but I think we need to consider a call. Do you think button calls the 2 cold on the flop with 7x? do you think he calls with two pair? A7 is the only hand he has that we are behind against, and i don't think he has it based on the way he played that flop.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:09 PM

How about 33 or (unlikely) 77? I can see these hands being played like this. Hero is getting 9:2 immediate when it gets to him and is probably looking at something like 12:3 to call down . I think it's thin since the board is paired.