Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Getting back into Limit-Feeling lost at sea

After taking a break from full table limit, I just purchased pokertracker and am looking to improve my game again. I have been playing about two years and while I consider myself a student of poker I am still a break even player. Have won about 800 dollars playing .5/1 on party but most of my money is earned from bonuses. So between reading the books, posting hands here, and keeping track of things with PT I hope to become more than just a break even bonus whore. Comments on all streets appreciated. Thanks for your help.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Getting back into Limit-Feeling lost at sea

i would lead/3-bet the flop, which would probably change the rest of the hand, but i would be much more aggressive here, generally. i'd lead the turn too. . .
Old 05-14-2005, 01:20 PM

grunching

your mouse should have been hovering around the bet button the whole hand.

Personally, I like capping the flop, using a SnG from there UI. If I improve is when I shove chips down villian's throat
Old 05-14-2005, 01:28 PM

I would bet the flop just to see button's response. I not sure about the 3 bet. I would probably wait for the turn and 3 bet a blank.

I'm definitely pushing on the river. If button has the K's I tuck my tail and lick my wounds but I think your best here more often than not.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:28 PM

Too passive by a wide margin. By my count you left a minimum of 6 bets on the table. I don't see where I ever take my foot off the gas in this hand.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:34 PM

I think I lead the flop.

I think I would also call the river, not raise it. Getting 3bet sucks. The button will probably call also, so I think going for overcalls might be a good idea here.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I like capping the flop, using a SnG from there UI. If I improve is when I shove chips down villian's throat

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how I feel about this plan (actually I'm not sure I understand it completely). If you lead and 3 bet and villian caps, you are in big trouble. I don't like check raising - capping because your hand isn't good enough to check raise with and tie everyone to the pot. Also if you cap the flop, how do you stop and go from there? You never stopped!

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Someone please let me know if I'm way off base here.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:45 PM

Bare in mind I'm particularly laggy

It's a line I feel that will make the most if we are ahead, and lose the least if we are behind...maybe I'm off, and re-looking at the hand C/C is better instead of a bet/call

I guess I didn't mention lead the flop as well, didn't mean C/R it
Old 05-14-2005, 02:03 PM

I'm not sure I go with a standard WA / WB line here. You have another player (probably drawing thin) trapped between you two and building up this pot, so I'd be a little more aggressive than check-call, check-call, bet. I like leading the flop, but if you get raised, I'd probably just call down, fearing KK, QQ, AA, AQs etc.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like leading the flop, but if you get raised, I'd probably just call down, fearing KK, QQ, AA, AQs etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I meant