Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 09:11 AM

Default How to Stop TilT

How do you STOP TILT. i can be months without tilting , but when i start to tilt it can last week´s, and i cant get out of this mindframe until i loose EVERYTHING.

Such a simple question... How do you Avoid , or Stop TILT.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: How to Stop TilT

just don't tilt, accept bad luck as a fundamental part of poker, otherwise you don't really understand the game, do you?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:02 AM

I se tilt as an Psychology thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
When i fel that i am on tilt that a play bad and give my money away whit bad cards and ather things then i take a break.Somtimes my tilt goes over after some hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It is like it is some impulse thing for me then i often play a litle better. That is for my lates tilt but i have leran how to handle it.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:30 AM

You tilt for weeks? Uh, if you start tilting, just close down the site and play later.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You tilt for weeks? Uh, if you start tilting, just close down the site and play later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now im a little bit more rational , the way i handle tilt, but still isnt enough, anyway the countless times i blew a bankroll due tilt have taught me something, and getting a bankroll back again requires time and lots of patience, i dont go nuts nowdays. But still can easily loose 1\3 of my bankroll spread in a couple of days due tilty play, until i stop.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM

That's pretty unhealthy. Just remember, tilting can be defeated by relaxation and reassurance. You're better than the field and you can take them down. Just stop for a while, take a breather, and come back when you feel you can play your best. Tilt happens to everybody, but good players overcome it. Overcome it, Gustavo, OVERCOME IT!!!
Old 05-14-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty unhealthy. Just remember, tilting can be defeated by relaxation and reassurance. You're better than the field and you can take them down. Just stop for a while, take a breather, and come back when you feel you can play your best. Tilt happens to everybody, but good players overcome it. Overcome it, Gustavo, OVERCOME IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

thks guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] im out of tilt , the more i think about it , the more i think, the less tilt makes any sense. Anyway i already recovered all what ive lost this past two days . Profit time now.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:59 PM

TILT is a very dangerous substance, it destroys dreams, hopes, families, and most importantly--bankrolls. Don't let TILT happen to you...

NBC The More You Know ..
Old 05-14-2005, 09:44 PM

I think it would be useful for people here to post some of the ways that they avoid tilt. I for one like to take a walk or work out when I am feeling stressed out. Anyone have any other things that they do either mentally or physically to get rid of or stave off tilt?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:08 PM

Avoiding tilt is a learned process and takes many many many bad beats before it you get over it.

It is more important to think about your equity in a hand rather than your odds of winning it the one time. As long as you are making correct decisions no beat should really matter - if it does, then you're probably playing over your limit/bankroll.

If I do find myself getting annoyed then I think back to the only 1 outer I've ever hit and that usually makes me feel much better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]