Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 09:03 PM

Default How the hell do you 8-table??

I'm not talking about the nuts-and-bolts of setting up a second account; I'm talking about pure-and-simple sanity issues.

If I try 4-tabling, I get so frazzled by the speed of the action that I wind up screwing up left and right, mostly by playing too many hands and going too far with them.

How can you pay enough attention to eight different tables to play a winning game?
Old 05-13-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: How the hell do you 8-table??

The same way fat people can end up running marathons...
Old 05-13-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not talking about the nuts-and-bolts of setting up a second account; I'm talking about pure-and-simple sanity issues.

If I try 4-tabling, I get so frazzled by the speed of the action that I wind up screwing up left and right, mostly by playing too many hands and going too far with them.

How can you pay enough attention to eight different tables to play a winning game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just train yourself. Spend a few days playing 4-tables of 0.5/1.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The same way fat people can end up running marathons...

[/ QUOTE ]

You use a moped??
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM

If your hand action is as slow-reading as your longwinded cliche-ridden posts, no wonder you can't 4-table.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your hand action is as slow-reading as your longwinded cliche-ridden posts, no wonder you can't 4-table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

Also, some fish on my 5/10 table just called check-call check-call check-called his AA the whole way, no flush or straights possible. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe he's 8-tabling.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:34 PM

I assume for most it is a learned skill (for a few, an inate skill). I sometimes 4-table on my laptop, but I don't have the rig (desktop; correct monitor) to 4-table regularly, let alone 8-table. My personal view is that my game becomes stale / less than I'm capable of if I do much more than 3-table -- that is a reflection of my own abilities as much as anything else. I play as a hobby (hopefully a lucrative hobby) and not having to maximize my earn allows me to play less tables than I might otherwise be capable of (and I feel I play them better than I would if I were to add a few).
Old 05-13-2005, 09:39 PM

When I first tried two tabling, it seemed far too fast. Now when I two-table I get bored. Four tabling at first also seemed ridiculously fast, but after a week it felt pretty normal. I haven't stepped it up above 4 yet because I don't want to without another monitor, but I assume it will be the same way. Crazy at first, but you get used to it.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:05 AM

I admire anyone that can multi-table more than 3. I usually misclick like crazy when I have three tables all with good starting hands plus my hand gets tired. tried it with .50/1 limit at PP and my earn rate was just dropping way too much. I'd rather 1 table higher stakes if I had a choice, but that's just me. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2005, 04:10 AM

The more you play (any number of tables), the easier it is. Your descisions come faster, and decisions that used to take 10 seconds become instant. I first had some trouble moving to 4-tables, and that's boring for me now. 8-tabling was insanely frantic the first time I did it, now I watch TV as I play.

Having two 1600x1200 monitors really helps too.