Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 03:06 AM

Default T8s with some fun decisions

This was exciting. I think every street could have been a different action. My reads are generally loose table, obviously, and the button is loose pf but calms down post, and BB is a tag. What do we think....

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (22 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB

peace

john nickle
Old 05-13-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: T8s with some fun decisions

I keep wanting to slam your preflop call(s), but damn...8 to the flop changes things a lot. Nice hand.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 AM

I guess you could've waited until the turn to pop it if no club, overcard, or extra mid straight card fell. But I feel that that might be playing with fire there. Since BB is a TAG, how likely would he have been to threebet there w/A10s, or is he more likely to have done that w/AK or AQs of diamonds, since he was getting odds the whole way to chase. Tough hand man, I don't know how much differently I would've played it
Old 05-13-2005, 04:07 AM

Wow, where to start? Crazy thing this game called poker... ok, enough small talk.

I'm a bit tight overall, but I think this call is pretty easy. You can't like the 3-bet, but with everyone else calling, I think you have another easy decision here. Moving on...

Aside from being tight, I'm also weak. Do you see a pattern here? It takes a very strong hand for a TAG to raise from out of position into a field that is very likely going to call him 57 ways. Thus, at this point, I'm feeling scared. Consequently, I just don't see the point in raising the flop. It's a huge pot, everyone has already called, you could be facing a higher pocket-pair. There's no way anyone's folding after already calling one in a pot this large, so you're definitely not protecting your hand. As for a value raise, perhaps, but I'm scared, so I don't know... I'd be really interested in your thoughts here as well as thoughts from others at what we're looking for at this point and what our plan is.

If it weren't a diamond, this would be about as safe a turn as you could hope for. Also, since your raise seemed to slow everyone down, I think we have a straight-forward bet here.

Obviously you're betting the river when checked to. Now, you're potentially overcalling a river check-raise with a decently strong hand. Without going into the full analysis, the pot is way to big and your hand is way to strong to consider folding here, so just call. Limit poker can be refreshing at times.

As for the analysis. The only fear from BB is AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I don't see him beating you with anything else (remember pre-flop). So, would he check-raise the river and face everyone with calling two cold when he has the flush? Eh, maybe, but not likely. And UTG+1? I really have no idea, he could have a weak flush, a weak ten, a pair of sevens, you just can't tell. So you call.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:38 AM

8 to the flop.
You sure this is party 3/6?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:40 AM

yes quite. The funny thing is, i practice virtually ZERO table selection, and i still havent noticed an overwhelming increase in the skill of most of these players. The 3/6 may be tightening, but people are really going chicken little on this thing...

peace

john nickle
Old 05-13-2005, 10:20 AM

Does anyone think a PF raise to get the button with all of these limpers is out of the question? Or am I just becoming a LAG?

As for the rest of the hand, very well played. I hoped you didn't get runnered...
Old 05-13-2005, 10:22 AM

Preflop my hand would go to the call button, but then I realize its going to 6 or 7 way and it becomes an easy raise for value/position. As you played it, looks fine to me.

-SmileyEH
Old 05-13-2005, 10:24 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

nh
Old 05-13-2005, 10:33 AM

I think the flop is the closest decision here. And I say that mainly because button is getting like 30:2 or so on the call and I would not expect anyone to fold whatever they raised preflop with. But it's probably a good value raise anyway.

I'm sure BB caught the runner runner flush just because I can't think of anything else a decent player would just call the turn with and raise the river. But I'm certainly not advocating a fold.

I think if BB had two overcard diamonds he should have check/raised the turn anyway.