Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 01:45 PM

Default super passive players

Yesterday I played 1/2 party and saw some of the most passive plays - one guy had AA and just called down every street, and one guy did the same thing with a set.

So at first I thought these are the guys I want to play against. Until I realized that they will also fold their marginal hands against any aggression, so they are loose/weak/passive I suppose.

So when they do have monsters, they won't let me know, and I will pay them off, but when I have monsters, they are going to fold to my aggression. It seems like it's a lose lose situation for me. Any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: super passive players

When you lose to these types of players, you lose the least amount of money possible. That should make you happy.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:49 PM

So bet into him every time, even with nothing. Take his PF call money every time, that'll teach him to limp in every hand.. Except the times he calls postflop, then play cautiously.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like it's a lose lose situation for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

For them.

They fail to collect on their big hands and they're probably ditching decent hands too early (and/or failing to protect them).

Let's say you have top pair and they have an overpair. In most case online, you're never going to have a strong enough read to fold the hand (along with your pot odds). So would you rather pay one bet per street or several?

Not too mention the ridiculous odds you're going to get from them every time you flop a drawing hand.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:55 PM

I suppose it's another style of play that I have to adapt to in order to get max value out of

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 03:06 PM

This is the second hardest type of player for me to play against as well, when combined with a table of calling stations. When betting to get value from the calling stations I hate being called by these players. On the other hand, when betting out with moderate hands to fold these players I hate the calling stations because the increased likelihood of not having the best hand. When I find myself on tables like this I quickly start looking for a new table.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:18 PM

yeah that's what I felt too - if it were heads up against these players it would be easy to play, but because we have to factor in the other villains, it complicates things a whole lot. I guesss the answer is just to isolate against these players, but sometimes not opssible...