Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 09:41 AM

Default KK i\'m sure I missed bets on

Haven't played many hands at this table, but from what I've seen SB has only showed premium hands and UTG calls down with any piece.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I just started playing party, i'm not used to the loose action.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah Qc (one pair, queens).
UTG has Ts 8s (straight, queen high).
Hero has Kh Kc (straight, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-12-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: KK i\'m sure I missed bets on

I would raise the flop, and cap if he three-bets... And after that slow down if he keeps betting into you.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:00 AM

There's no way to protect, so I like raising the flop to see where I'm at. Plus with 3 people in, and an overpair with an outside straight draw, you probably have enough equity to pump this (unless you run into AK). If 3 bet I'm calling down.

The way you played it...
I dunno, there's an argument to be made for raising the end. You're definitely beating UTG and you're behind exactly one specific hand the SB might have.

Even if he 3 bets there's still a chance he might have KQ (in which case you'd love it if UTG calls to pad the split).
Old 05-12-2005, 10:10 AM

Raise the flop. Even if you're behind, you have an OESD. AK is unlikely since you're holding two of the K's. Raise and cap the river. You have a straight, man. Are you really that afraid of AK? You'll see AA, QQ-TT, KQ, and more here. Any 8's that happen to be sticking around might even raise you, allowing you to 3bet.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:20 AM

*grunching*
I'm raising the flop, just calling if 3-bet back to me (seeing that AK monster under my bed).
If there is a stop and go on the turn, I'm raising again.
River I play the same figuring I may be splitting at this point.

**Just checked results. Nice hand, but I would agree that you missed some bets here.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 AM

I am raising on every street
Old 05-12-2005, 11:03 AM

This is a bad flop for your hand but I still put in at least one value raise, then call down if 3 bet unless I improve.
If the guy only raises decent hands, there really isn't much you can beat other than AQ so I wouldn't go nuts like others here, still you will have the best hand a lot of times and you have outs if you don't.
You need to put in a raise on the river especially when the other guy calls. 3 way holding two kings you a big money favorite to have the best hand here.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the input guys. As soon as the hand was over I realized I misplayed my hand. I definately should have raised the flop, even though based on my limited read on SB I felt I was behind to AA AK or a set. My river call was a mistake also, I should have raised it.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 PM

It is a good example on how KK loses value the more cards there are on the table. The chance of improving a KK is not big so push, push, push until the pot is yours or you think you are beat. Do this each time.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM

I'm at the very least raising this river, probably capping. If he has AK despite your KK so be it. QQ/JJ/TT/AQ/AJ/AA are all strong possibilities here which you destroyed on the river.