Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:49 PM

Default still a giant vag--AQ hand SB

all villains are mostly unknown. seem loosish in ~20 hands, haven't seen anyone do anything crazy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 05-12-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: still a giant vag--AQ hand SB

this got knocked off the first page in about 2 minutes, so - bump
Old 05-12-2005, 12:41 AM

there has to be a better way of playing this... i'm not sure what exactly is right though.

betting into the preflop raiser is one way to play it since the pot is fairly large only the flop. only, i can't think of many hands the average party player raises utg that you're ahead of on that flop, so check/call feels right.

i'd probably check/call the turn and river too.

ugghh. i suck.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:54 AM

wow, this hand sucks, and its not your play that sucks, its just that almost any option you take might not be correct. I guess if you were to do something different, it'd be CRing that flop, but against AK your still behind and would get threebet. If they raised with AJ, you're just hoping for a chop. Man, this hand does suck. I don't think you did anything wrong, just tough man
Old 05-12-2005, 01:11 AM

How bad are these guys? Do we have to call the river because of pot size here? Normally when its heads up or 3way its a no-brainer at 16.5:1, but overcalling 3 players it seems like we are never winning this. I don't think anyone would fold here, and it probably isn't right since its a huge pot, but I don't see you ever dragging this pot.

Anyways, I would've played the flop and turn the exact same way. Betting into a PFR with a huge field is overrated IMO because you usually only get raised by hands that are killing you.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 AM

The problem was I didn't know how bad these guys were. I knew taht they probably all had loose tendencies from 2 rotations, but didn't see anything crazy or totally retarded.

The one spot I thought I might have found a fold was on the turn, where My gutshot was a very possible split, and my Q outs were possibly dead. But with 473 BB in the pot, I couldn't fold.

The only person who showed any aggression during the hand was the pfr, and he could certainly have KQ, AT, who knows. The overcallers might have any A, lower 2 p... I feel I am definitely winning this river more than 6% of the time. A raise on any street would likely convince me otherwise.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel I am definitely winning this river more than 6% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know about this... i might make this call here, but i'm pretty sure that its a leak. with a bet and 2 callers, i think you're very, very close to 100% beat here. in a multiway pot with 3 diamonds on the board a straight isn't going to raise on this river. i mean i guess they could be calling with junk since there's such a big pot, but they can all see that same 4 card straight out there.

Also, i think i turn fold might be in order here. you're getting 13.5:1, but i still don't think thats really enough on this board. you probalby have &lt;3 outs.