Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 PM

Default QQ facing a raise and a reraise

Early in a trny, just moved to this new table.. No reads at all

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

SB (t590)
BB (t670)
UTG (t1320)
UTG+1 (t885)
UTG+2 (t985)
MP1 (t1605)
MP2 (t880)
Hero (t1655)
CO (t3745)
Button (t1220)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG raises to 250, UGT+1 goes allin for 885, folded to Hero....

Whats heros move??
Old 05-11-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: QQ facing a raise and a reraise

Unless it's a very small buy-in tourney, say $20 or less, I might call, otherwise I'm folding. Some people are maniacs and you might have them crushed, but you can't win the tournament on the first hand, but you can lose it.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:34 AM

It is online poker so that brings down the quality of hands that people play. But i think Flytrap is correct by saying fold. why put all your ships in so early in the terny.

look i figure QQ to be about
75/25, 40/60, 50/50 60/40 or even 25/75 against one palyer. against two players it only gets worse. to early to move in you still have lots of play.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:21 AM

I say this is an easy push, the people who posted earlier have to be insane to fold this. You need to gather chips to make the final table. People who raise massive early in the tourny relative to the BB is generally a decent pocket pair or a decent ace. The re-raiser could have AK or a pocket pair smaller than yours as well as AA or KK. They both could have AK making you a fairly large favorite with lots of dead money. Shove it in, you need to gather chips to make a deep run. I remeber one time I folded AK on the first hand of a Party tournament I raised, there was a re-raise and an all in back to me. They showed AJo and A2o. A king flopped. There are some retards these two could be them get their chips. If they have AA or KK so be it.

SGS
Old 05-12-2005, 02:34 AM

this early in a tourny with shallow stacks, i can't call fast enough. If the pusher has AA/KK- so be it but staring the chance of tripling up this early is too good to pass on with QQ's.

If stacks were deeper then I may consider a fold but not here. Too many bad players willing to get theier chips all in early with hands a lot worse than QQ's.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:51 AM

Depending on the buy-in of the tourny I might push it in. But early on I prefer to fight out the smaller pots and let the buffoons blow off their chips.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But early on I prefer to fight out the smaller pots and let the buffoons blow off their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I call here so the buffoons are blowing off their chips to me and not someone else.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:55 AM

This isnt the world series of poker, the player doesnt have 200 big blinds. Easy Call with 66 blinds. He could very easily have the best hand (i mean better than a coinflip) and no worse than a coinflip at least 80% of the time here.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:19 AM

That fact that AK is somewhat likely is one of the reasons to fold. Why play a coinflip this early? Even if Hero Triples up here the money is a long way away. You mention accumulating chips to make the final table, those become priorities later in the tourney, not in the first level.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:17 AM

There's already 1150 in the pot when it is to the hero, he has to call 885. 885:1150 on a shot where you are the slight favorite? You just can't pass up those odds. This is assuming he has AK which is possible, but I would say you are probably more like 60/40 favorite on the pushers range of hands.

SGS