Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Pocket QQ\'s pick up a flush draw, now what?

Criticize all streets, please.

MP1: 35/4/1.5 (no other read)
MP2: 36/18/4.6 (has recently bitched about suckouts, 1 by me, so may be a little tilty)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue"> I figured I had a good chance of being ahead of at least one of them on the flop and my 3rd nut flush draw may be worth some outs so I fire away here. </font>

Turn: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">Now the laggy one bets into me here so I'm pretty sure I'm behind at least a K since this safe card hit and he bets out. Should I raise anyway to get it heads up or do I want the MP1 along for the ride if I hit my [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? </font>

River: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue"> Call down here OK? </font>

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 05-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Pocket QQ\'s pick up a flush draw, now what?

Your flush draw is to the second nuts. I think you may be behind on the turn, but you may also be ahead. However, your raise is unlikely to knock MP1 out, MP1 may be drawing slim already, and you are likely to be 3-bet by MP2 everytime he has you beat and some times when you don't. So you have to call his 3-bet, but will wish you hadn't raised. So I think that calling here is okay, though raising is probably a close second. River call looks good to me.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:45 PM

I play it like you did.

I don't like raising the turn here. You're most surely behind and you don't have enough equity for a value bet. MP1 already called 3 bets on the flop so it's unlikely you're going to fold him out with a raise. It's more likely you'll get 3-bet and pay a lot of chips hoping for one of your dirty outs.

I think you might be able to fold the river but, personally, I don't trust stop-n-go's and I'd probably pay one last bet just to get a better read on MP2.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:02 PM

MP2 is playing like he has a made hand maybe KQ, KJ, KT, AK, but given the read and you are getting almost 14-1 on a call I think I would have to make a curse and call as well.