Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Hand at Full tilt qualifier

This was a qualifier for the Full Tilt gauranteed 30 WSOP seats. There are 3 players left and only the winner gets a seat. I have 26k, villian has 23k, other player has ~8k. To me villian appeared over-agressive as he had been raising PF large amounts frequently, though I never go to see any of his raising hands. For example when he had 12k and blinds were at 400/800 he would make an all in raise or regularly raise to 3k. He did this probably a little less than one time per orbit between the 3 of us. I caught him w/ KK vs. his A10, but he caught up to get the stack he has now. Blinds are still at 4/8, I have Q9o in the BB. Folded to villian in the SB who calls and I check.

FLOP 8,9,3 r

He bets 1900, what do you do?

SGS
Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Hand at Full tilt qualifier

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to villian in the SB who calls

[/ QUOTE ]

You gave us his raising frequency, but didn't mention how often he calls/limps/completes. Is this the first hand he has played that he did not raise?

Also, what is his image of you? In particular, how often do you defend your blind?

Once I had the answer to those questions, I would be able to estimate the probability of the opponent trapping with a big hand versus trying to see a cheap flop with a drawing hand.

If the probability of a trap is high, I raise/fold to reraise. If the probability of a trap is low, I raise but I don't fold to the reraise. If he just calls, I reevaluate on the turn.

Later,
Che
Old 05-11-2005, 12:17 AM

Against this type of guy, I'd raise PF and fold to a reraise.

This flop...I'm kinda wary but it's winner take all. I'm calling and reevaluating on most turns (more worried about a Q, J or T than an ace.)
Old 05-11-2005, 12:28 AM

I push over the top, take it down right there. He needs a premium hand to call an significant reraise here, so I think you are relatively safe. Reevaluate on a reraise though.
~Justin
Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 AM

I would raise 6-10K
to see how he reacts
Old 05-11-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You gave us his raising frequency, but didn't mention how often he calls/limps/completes. Is this the first hand he has played that he did not raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

To my recollection he had limped from the SB a couple other times, one time I raised and he folded the other times I checked. So it was a fairly uncommon, but not a rarity.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what is his image of you? In particular, how often do you defend your blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had not really been defending my blind that much, mainly because he raises were so big they committed him all of the time. Though I was picking up pots when little aggression was show. I started 3 handed play w/ ~32k had it worked to ~37k until he sucked out on my kings.

SGS