Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Taking a stab with 76o

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Anyone play this differently?

Thanks,
Spicymoose
Old 05-10-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Taking a stab with 76o

I think IF your gonna stab at this then CR teh flop, that being said, you're OOP with second pair crap kicker and a bevy of draws to contend with. check folding is your best option here. Open folding would be funny though
Old 05-10-2005, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't bet the flop here. This is a bad flop for your hand. UTG and MP1 will have a lot of hands that have you crushed here. In addition, they will hands that you beat that they will play aggressively (i.e. flush draw) and be able to move you off your hand. You have a low second pair with no kicker. I think a Check/fold is in order here.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:31 PM

I like to have no more than two opponents in a hand and for the flop to be a little more ragged to take a stab at the pot from the blinds. There's too many draws and the presence of the ace isn't encouraging as everyone knows how much SS players love any and all aces. Change the flop to K36 rainbow with two opponents and I'll take a stab at the flop a good percentage of the time, sometimes even if that flop misses me. This all obviously depends on your read on the other players in the hand.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:43 PM

Preflop was a close decision between checking and folding. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flop is not yours; don't pretend it is. This is the time to check/fold.

Turn makes the board even worse for you. If you didn't find the fold on the flop, the turn takes away the last lingering vestiges of doubt. Let it go.