Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Is this a Good Enough Reason to Play Stud?

As almost everyone here knows, Bodog has a bottomless 20% reload bonus. To clear $1 of it, you need to earn 3 points.
The catch for HE players is that you points are only awarded for raked hands in which you contribute to the pot. If the rake is between $1 and $3, and you contributed to the pot, you get one point.

Bodog's bonus would be VERY EASY to clear by playing stud.

Since you have to ante every hand, you contribute to every hand. So, if the pot is raked at least $1, you get a point. Three hands and you get $1. It sounds pretty easy to me, providing you can put up with playing stud.

However, there is a catch for stud players as well. The catch is that there rarely are any stud games going.

This is a shame, because if there were games going, Bodog's stud tables could be just as good as Games Grid's (VFP before the rules changed).

Anyone interested in setting a time for 2+2ers to head over there and get some games going?
Old 05-10-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Is this a Good Enough Reason to Play Stud?

I guess not. LOL.

I'm not too surprised as stud is going the way of the dinosaur. Too bad, I start off playing only stud (7 and 8OB), and thought this would be a good excuss to go back down that old one more time.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:10 PM

Are you sure that they count anteing and then folding on third street as contributing to the pot? I understand that technically it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't count.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:40 PM

They should, Prima used to the same way for bonus and other "raked hand" requirements. Of course, you are putting $ in every hand too. The problem is with almost everyone playing some form of holdem now, the stud games are probably rock gardens or at least not very +ev
Old 05-10-2005, 06:51 PM

From Bodog's Poker Point's page

[ QUOTE ]
Ring Games: You will accumulate Bodog Poker Points by playing in ring games when you have contributed to a pot that is raked. Points are awarded based on the following table: Rake Points
$1.00 - $3.00 1.00
$0.50 - $0.95 0.50
$0.25 - $0.45 0.25
$0.05 - $0.20 0.10

[/ QUOTE ]

You contribute to a pot when you put money into it. Antes are money that you put into the pot.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:05 PM

At 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 the pot gets raked 25 cents for every $5.00 in the pot. You get a half a point for hands raked at $.5-1 and a full point for hands raked at $1 or more.

At $2/4 or $3/6 it won't take much to earn at least a half a point for a hand. (antes, and two bettors to 5th street and you're there).
Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 PM

7 Stud H/L would be an awesome game to clear this bonus. Especially if they had three or four games of it going on at the same time. It could be .50/1.00 limit and it would still clear that bonus quickly. 1/2 would be even better.

You have a good idea. You should post these ideas in some of the other poker forums also. Who knows, you might get what you wish for in time. I'd be playing there if they got off the ground, Stud or H/L or one of each even.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 PM

I'd be willing to play .50-1.00 stud hi lo
Old 05-10-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that they count anteing and then folding on third street as contributing to the pot? I understand that technically it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't count.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do. I ran off a $100 bonus there really fast playing stud/8. Unfortunately I've been needing my money elsewhere, so haven't yet been back.

I doubt it's worth it at anything less than 1/2, but at 1/2 and 3/6 it cleared ridiculously fast. And while there aren't many stud players there, the few there are are often quite bad.

It's a good place for beginner stud players like me, as it's almost impossible to lose with the bonus overlay.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to play .50-1.00 stud hi lo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing the one and only stud game they got going. It is H/L .50/1.00.

I made my first deposit here just now to see how fast this bonus can be worked off at this game for myself.