Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Empire Bonus Question.... I don\'t play there

Can someone please explain to me what the Empire bonus today is? I do not have an account there, would it be applicable to new customers? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:42 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Empire Bonus Question.... I don\'t play there

It's a reload (50%, I forget the exact max; I think it's $100 or $200), offered via email to selected Empire players. As a new player, you wouldn't be eligible for that; you'd have to go for a signup bonus. I got one, but I'm not sure I'm going to be playing there anymore; I'm annoyed with them and a little leery because of their recent actions in banning people for bonus abuse, without warning or any recourse (such as telling them that they needed to play at a certain level and giving them a chance to do so).

-Mike
Old 05-10-2005, 10:43 AM

You would get a sign up bonus first, then have to reload for this bonus. It could work, but you'd be playing a lot of hands to get thru both bonuses in a week.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:45 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
You would get a sign up bonus first, then have to reload for this bonus. It could work, but you'd be playing a lot of hands to get thru both bonuses in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. DUH, why didn't I think of that? Time to go get more coffee, I think.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 AM

OK, regarding the new player bonus, do they still honor the "500Bonus" I read about matching 100% up to $500?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:09 AM

Be very careful though don't collect too many bonuses at Empire or they will close your account and ban you. Meanwhile you can collect as many bonuses as you want at Paradise, Absolute, Ultimate Bet, Poker Room, Poker Stars, Interpoker, BoDog which has a 'bottomless' bonus - and lots of other poker sites. So just why in the name of sweet baby Jesus would anyone want to play at that garbage dump Empire? Empire is a very bad and untrustworthy site.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, regarding the new player bonus, do they still honor the "500Bonus" I read about matching 100% up to $500?

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that it went away several months ago, and may well have precipitated the bonus abuse backlash we're seeing now. There were people discussing that in here big-time, and I think Empire got way more bonus whores than they anticipated.

I'd suggest browsing the classifieds for affiliates with nice bonus offers (probably not rakeback, as Empire and Party - and possibly other skins - seem to be on a crusade against rakeback these days) before you sign up.

-Mike
Old 05-10-2005, 11:18 PM

Well, I opened an acct today with the 500 bonus & it worked. However, I need like 17,500 hands before I earn it (I have 1 month). Then, I did the Tuesday100 bonus for the reload. It too appears in my pending bonuses, but it appears the raked hands are being applied to the 1st bonus. It shows an expiration date of 5/20 or the reload one so I can't possibly complete both in time... I did about 1200 hands today multitabling 1/2 6-max, +$120 for the session [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I opened an acct today with the 500 bonus & it worked. However, I need like 17,500 hands before I earn it (I have 1 month). Then, I did the Tuesday100 bonus for the reload. It too appears in my pending bonuses, but it appears the raked hands are being applied to the 1st bonus. It shows an expiration date of 5/20 or the reload one so I can't possibly complete both in time... I did about 1200 hands today multitabling 1/2 6-max, +$120 for the session [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
are you serious? it still works? which code?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:16 AM

I used BONUS500 & it worked...