Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Alright, I\'m posting all my AK hands, I\'m even going to make some up!

Suspecting that over-aggro is a weak-point, I chose this hand to cool down on. Normally, I would raise this flop, but with two callers and a coordinated board, I am going to draw for an A or K. Okay? If the river King is not spadely, I shall surely bet the river.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Nak is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Nak raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Nak calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Nak calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Nak calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Nak calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 05-10-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Alright, I\'m posting all my AK hands, I\'m even going to make some up!

I don't like this play at all. Fold the flop. Not only does SB like his hand, you have another player in as well. AX is very likely here, so your A outs may be counterfeited, as well as your AK of spade outs. You aren't drawing to much here. Or perhaps raising the flop might at least get you a free card...nah, get out!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Alright, I\'m posting all my AK hands, I\'m even going to make some up!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this play at all. Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding, right? You jokester, you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Nak
Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're kidding, right? You jokester, you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Nak

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume you are not being sarcastic. I do not like this play. It is very passive, and borders on you being a calling station. Sure call the first bet, you have 6 decent outs. The flop raise suggests one of them is on a flush draw, or has a good hand...perhaps you still have odds. I tend to think a flop raise beats AK which hasn't paired. Of course, reads would make this play solid, but I didnt see any. Once SB stops on the flop, and then bets out the turn, you have to know you are drawing slim. So maybe don't fold the flop, but at the turn, you have to get out.

A flop raise would have been way better, IMO. You would be putting in the same amount on the flop as you did. If someone 3-bets, or still comes out betting the turn, you can be even more certain you have lost.

So, a review: fold the flop, or raise the flop. If you call the flop bet and call the raise, fold the turn!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Alright, I\'m posting all my AK hands, I\'m even going to make some

I agree with him.

If it was checked to you, a bet on this flop into four people would be marginal at best. Once SB leads into you it's raise or fold time - you don't have odds to call behind.

If you had the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], you might be able to justify a raise, or at least you'd have odds to call. But with no backdoor, I'd let this go.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

reads would make this play solid,

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] now I know you're kidding.
[ QUOTE ]

A flop raise would have been way better, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew you'd come around. Thanks.

Nak
Old 05-10-2005, 02:25 AM

I like every street.

Why would anyone raise the flop?

EDIT: I'm beginning to think that folding the turn would be a good idea, given that MP3 may raise, etc. etc.

I'm convinced.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:34 AM

I thought calling the flop was OK, but calling the turn is very questionable. At this point there's a good chance that you're drawing dead to 2-pair or trips, as indicated by SB leading out and MP3's flop raise. Do you really wanna put in another bet (or possibly 2 if MP3 raises again) to catch top pair?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:43 AM

Flop call is marginal. Turn call is worse. You are drawing to at most 6 outs, maybe 4. Even when you catch one of your outs you can't raise because it puts a flush on the board. No, no, no, nothing about this adds up at all.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:25 AM

Thanks to everyone. I chose the right hand to cool down on, alright, but I didn't cool down enough.

Nak