Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Three 1/2 6-max hands

HAND 1 ----------------------------------------------------

Reads: UTG is very loose, at 63/11/0.67. I had a hand heads up with him where I had TT and the flop came AK8. I bet the flop and turn, and he checked behind the river with K9, so he's pretty passive, too, as most players would find a value bet with that.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Pretty standard bet I think.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Since they both call, I'm checking here and folding if UTG bets. Cool?

River: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

His raise is pretty much guaranteed to be a smaller 2 so I 3-bet.

Final Pot: 9 BB

HAND 2 ----------------------------------------------------

I don't have reads on these players. The table is 45/12, so pretty loose aggressive preflop, but I haven't been here long enough to get reads on the players in this hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

I'm getting 7:1 on this call. I think it's fine.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Here I thought this call was okay at 11:1 because if I hit a 4/2 on the turn I will usually be able to pick up quite a few BB when UTG bets again. I also have the backdoor straight draw. I could be drawing dead to JJ and some of my outs may be dead to [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draws.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Straightforward with the OESD.

River: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, Button folds.

Going for overcalls good here? SB bet out the turn when the third connected card hit and it seems likely that UTG/Button may overcall this river.

Final Pot: 12 BB

HAND 3 ----------------------------------------------------

And these are the hands in 6-max I loathe. It is the poster's first hand. Basically, can/should I do anything differently here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 05-09-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Three 1/2 6-max hands

I'm not sure about the preflop call in hand 2, i hate playing out of position with a shitty hand like this.

Hand 3 would depend on my read, we've still got 4 outs to the straight. This is where reads in 6max are crucial.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:21 PM

Hand 1: Just right. Good bet on the flop with 5 outs. Since they didnt fold we're guessing they aren't folding the turn either- would u call a bet from either player here? Obvious 3bet when the set hits.

Hand 2: I am not sure if calling or raising on the river is the right move. When the third to a straight hit on the turn SB woke up and bet, and also bet the river, so your set could be worthless here, I say call, and if you get the over calls (sucks, u didnt) its better than shutting them out with a raise, plus no reraise.

Hand 3: Good fold- i dont think we have any clean outs- if he has the A he beats our king. Our only hope is to hit another ten (not likely) and hope he doesn't have a J (which he may). EDIT: didnt notice we need the Q for the straight. Now I might call his raise and see what happens. A ten warrents a check/call. A queen warrents maybe a check/raise?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Hand 1: Nice.

Hand 2: I think calling and raising the river are somwhat close, but I think calling is better. I think what really does it for me is that it'd suck to get 3bet.

Hand 3: If he has a J, you have four outs. If he has an A, you have 6 and odds to call. Since the A is a little more likely than the J, I'd probably call here, and fold the river UI. However, that's probably a little loose.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:30 PM

Hand 1: Perf.

Hand 2: I would like the flop call more if there weren't 2 clubs but you were closing the action and getting a good price so it's okay. I'm raising the river here because UTG and button could already be folding if they were on draws (which is likely). You are virtually garunteed at least one more bet from sb if you raise, 2 is probably the most you will get if you overcall (and you probably won't get 2 because I doubt both UTG and button call).

Hand 3: Perf.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:58 PM

Hand 3: Tough spot with an unknown. Your typical unknown 6-max player is usually a little more irrational than your typical full ring player, so I tend to play a little more loosely until I get some kind of a read.

You have between 4 and 6 outs on the turn. His likely significant hands (in order of probability) are: an ace, a jack, a worse ten, and a flush draw.

If all of those are equally likely, then you have
(6+4+5+5)/4 = 5 outs (the first 5 represents your ten outs counting as 1/2 its full value because youll split the pot)

Add the fact that the ace is the most likely of those hands, and you have between 5 and 5.5 outs.

You're getting 7:1 to call, and you might have some implied odds, so I make the loose call.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 AM

Hand 1: I'd check both flop and turn. Might call the flop if they're both in. I'd fold to a bet on the turn. Not saying that's right or anything, but I hate playing bottom pair. The way you played it, 3-betting the river looks good.

Hand 2: On the flop you need four outs to call. You've got two outs to trips, and two clean outs to 2-pair. And after you discount those, you also have 1.5 outs for the BDSD, so the call looks cool. Going for overcalls on the river looks like the best move.

Hand 3: This is tough against an unknown, but I think I'd call down here. Yeah, an A and a J are both possibilities, but this is 6-max, unless I know he won't bluff this turn, I don't think I'm willing to give him that much credit.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:31 AM

i think the turn call in hand 2 is the most interesting choice out of any of these hands.

no one has brought up the possibility of folding there either. does everyone think a call is that clear cut on this table, that relative position, and getting those odds?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the turn call in hand 2 is the most interesting choice out of any of these hands.

no one has brought up the possibility of folding there either. does everyone think a call is that clear cut on this table, that relative position, and getting those odds?

[/ QUOTE ]
You know I didn't really put much thought into it, but I think we can usually assume 5-6 outs for the straight and another 1-2 for the trip 4s. I'm not counting anything for the 2s now.

I'm getting 7:1 immediately, and I would fold here if it came back 3-bet.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know I didn't really put much thought into it, but I think we can usually assume 5-6 outs for the straight and another 1-2 for the trip 4s. I'm not counting anything for the 2s now.

I'm getting 7:1 immediately, and I would fold here if it came back 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you have much implied odds once you account for:

- the possiblity of having to call a raise behind you
- losing that big bet when you fold to a 3-bet without even seeing the next card
- catching, but losing to a flush
- splitting when an Ace drops
- catching, but losing to an over straight when a 6 drops

i think its close enough that it should be looked at (vs everyone commenting on PF and the riv).