Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Borgata 10/20 hand

Reads: Table is pretty good overall, similar to a good 2/4 table on Party. Me and my friends are probably the best 2 players there. UTG+1 is my friend who is typically tight/very agressive, capable of some big moves. However, he seems to be a bit on tilt because: he's stuck $600 for the night, gets no cards to play with, and because he's sitting directly on my left I have been beating him to the pot by raising everytime he got something decent. BB is a LAG, but not a very good one.

I'm UTG with pocket Aces and raise. UTG+1 3-bets. It's folded to a BB who calls 2 cold, I cap and everyone calls
3 people to the flop.

Flop is 779 - rainbow.

BB checks I bet, UTG+1 calls, and so does big blind.
When UTG+1 called I thought it indicated strength not weakness he probably would have raised if he had AK to get rid of the blind and see if he can get rid of me by betting the turn. I thought he probably has a high pocket pair and waiting for a turn to raise. BB could have almost anything at this point

Turn is 5 putting two hearts on the board.

BB checks, I hesitate for a second and bet, UTG+1 raises immediately almost beating me to the pot. BB cold-calls 2 and I 3-bet, UTG+1 looks disgusted and just calls, so does BB.

River is a 6, non-heart, putting 4 cards to the straight on the board.

BB checks for the third time and it's up to me. I thought about checking but figuring that I most definately guarantee to get another bet from UTG+1 I bet. UTG+1 quickly folds (so much for my read) and BB check-raises, I curse under my breath and call the raise, pretty sure I'm beaten.

I appreciate all the comments on a hand, especially if I got too greedy on the river or should have payed more attention to the BB play on the turn.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Borgata 10/20 hand

From your read on the BB you can put him on 8T just as easily as 9T. But since you describe him as LAG and not Loose Passive you have to think he'd push a draw somewhere in the hand (possable flop/turn raise).

I'm not sure your beat in this hand, you obviously have to pay off the bet, but I recently lower my limits and have been sickened by some of the play in the 5/10-10/20 limits. He could be pushing a 56 putting you on AK/AQ.

Probably needed to pay more attention to BB during the hand. You put UTG+1 on a big hand, you know you have him beat and want him to call down with JJ-KK.