Old 05-09-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Instant barkroll Rules!!!!!1 *DELETED*

Post deleted by Pocket Trips
Old 05-09-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Instant barkroll Rules!!!!!1

What's this?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:19 PM

It's an affiliate program tied to pokersourceonline.com, and actually how I got my start in poker. It's great if you don't want to invest any of your own money to get started, but if you have some stake, you can get more profitable offers. Talking about affiliates on the forums is kinda taboo, so I'll shut up before I get smacked around.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:20 PM

I don't think you are spamming. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are not since you have made several substantive contibutions here. But I would like to ask about the conditions. How does this work? Be objective -- INTSANT BAKNROLL ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE11111 is not all that informative. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, what is the dealio (inquiring minds want to know).
Old 05-09-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you are spamming. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are not since you have made several substantive contibutions here. But I would like to ask about the conditions. How does this work? Be objective -- INTSANT BAKNROLL ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE11111 is not all that informative. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, what is the dealio (inquiring minds want to know).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to go too far in depth and anger the wrong people so I will just say search for Instant Bankroll on any internet search engine and you will find their site. Basically they give you $75 free on PP and PP gives you a $25 bonus. After 500 raked hands you earn the bonus and the money is yours to do with as you please.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:30 PM

I would like to know about it to see if it is a good idea for new players. I want to keep myself in the know about this as (I would like to think) one of the guys knowledgeable about building rolls from little or nothing (as I did at the nanos). I'm not the zen-master like Homer, but I like to think I know about the realm a little bit at least.

As far as talking about affiliates, I think Mat (the mod) is not unreasonable as long as we don't openly spam. See, a while back there was this issue in the zoo about spamage, people openly asking for affiliates and others openly saying they are affiliates. You can plug certain things though. For example, I openly tell players to get the GRANNY bonus at Paradise. Does this cross the line? I don't think so, and I don't think Mat has a problem with it. I don't see why talking about this program in an open and honest manner should be different.

If the Mat disagrees I sure he will rough me up. If not, then it's probably cool.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:32 PM

sorry didn't realize i was doing anything wrong...was just excited t finally be able to give party poker a try tonight when i get home.... am deleting this thread now if possible
Old 05-09-2005, 03:37 PM

Default stop panicing -- the Mods are not Nazis

[ QUOTE ]
sorry didn't realize i was doing anything wrong...was just excited t finally be able to give party poker a try tonight when i get home.... am deleting this thread now if possible

[/ QUOTE ]
You are fine. No need to delete this thread. A couple of well meaning guys are over reacting. You are not crossing the line so much as toeing it -- at least in my opinion.

I think we should be able to talk openly and honestly about this. It is relevant to the micros. It is okay. Take a breath... feel better?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:41 PM

It's pretty decent. I actually posted a bankroll building guide very similar to yours about a week or so before your post. I included it as an option because it had fared me pretty well. You get $75 dollars to start, and an additional $25 after you complete 500 raked hands. It's the same amount of free money and playthrough as the typical party signup bonus. It's a pretty slim roll for 0.50/1, so there is a non-negligible risk of ruin, but it's a great option if you are constrained (or have constrained yourself) not to put any of your own money into online poker. If you have your own money, though, it can be more profitable and less risky to sign up through other affiliate programs (rakeback, etc).
Old 05-09-2005, 03:52 PM

Cool Wook,

A discussion like this is what I had in mind.

My initial thoughts on this: I am not a huge fan of it. I say this not b/c "I did A-B-C and that is the RIGHT way," but becuase the risk of ruin, like you say, is high. A 75bb downswing is commonplace, and 500 hands for $25 is pretty insane.

On the other hand, free money is free money. I mean you invest nothing and get $75. You are costing yrself in absolute terms since the deposit bonus is $100 with a $500 deposit, but we all don't have $500 lying around. (Okay, most of us HERE do, but not when we first start out.) Basically, it's a shot with no investment.

I doubt you can take out the initial $75 and deposit it into a Neteller account. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]